Thread: The Silversun Pickups

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Silversun Pickups

www.myspace.com/silversunpickups
    A mix of Smashing Pumpkins and Sonic Youth, I get the feeling they won't be found in small clubs for long, and I get to see them in a week!
    Not a lot of diversity in their sound, but it's a good sound.

Post Thanks / Like

Silversun Pickups has not been in small clubs for a while. They've been on Letterman and shows like that.

This is one of my favorite new songs from the group:

Post Thanks / Like

This one got a lot of airplay on the radio in my neck of the woods... good tune!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well then...

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    Silversun Pickups has not been in small clubs for a while.
    I guess Honolulu better appreciate what we'll be getting shortly! I'm not sure they have much/any rep here yet. But they're charging $30 for the show, so somebody thinks they can draw.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing wolfmother about 3 years ago, and silversun pickups were opening for them. This was the first tour they did for the Carnavas album, so I had never heard of them before. We almost opted to show up late to just see wolfmother, but I'm really glad we decided to go early. They did amazing, you should have a good time, they put on a great show.

Post Thanks / Like

excellent band, they inspired me to play differently after hearing lazy eye, and their latest albums not too bad either :

Post Thanks / Like

I really like some of the fuzzed out guitar tones they get.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disraeli
    I remember seeing wolfmother about 3 years ago...
    That's another 'new' band I'm interested in. That musta been one fine show!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln
    That's another 'new' band I'm interested in. That musta been one fine show!
    Ya, it was probably one of the best shows I have ever been to. Wolfmother was amazing, alot of jamming and did a few zeppelin covers. I kind of forgot about them over the years. And just recently read on their facebook that they broke up. Which kind of suprised me, but appearantly the lead singer is now with a full backing band instead of just a tro. Which kind of disappoints me, cause I am a sucker for trio's. From what I have heard, their new stuff is pretty good.