Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Kisekae'd My EXP

Thread: Kisekae'd My EXP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kisekae'd My EXP

This is what my Peavey Generation EXP kinda looks like now:

What do you think about this (I like it!):

Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

cool cool.. i cant say whats my favorite, but changing the pickguard makes it look almost like a completely different guitar.. and kisekae.. thats a website i used to spend hours and hours!

Post Thanks / Like

t_ross - Weren't you already part of our exclusive tortoise shell pg club? If not then tomorrow put that puppy on and become who you were destined to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    t_ross - Weren't you already part of our exclusive tortoise shell pg club? If not then tomorrow put that puppy on and become who you were destined to be.
    Nope, can't say that I was part of your club, but it sounded so enticing!

Anyway, it's on order from GuitarFetish. One thing I just noticed, it's a 3ply pg B/W/TS - that white accent is going to look killer with the binding already on the guitar!

Can't wait for the instant improvement in my playing/tone I'll post pix when she's all doctored up.

Trev

(I wonder how it would look leaning against a Messa Triple Rectifier )
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Trev - With a new Triple Rectifier you could be in your OWN exclusive club!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow t_ross, that sure looks sweet. I've been coming around to tortoise shell recently myself. Although I ended up with white pearl on my Lake Placid Blue SX jazz, I did go with a tortoise shell on the neglected white Squier my kids are no longer interested in.

What do you think of Peavey's imports? I currently own 3 domestic Peavey's, my highly modded '94 Reactor (which I've owned since new), my project '91 Predator, and my most recent, a '93 Foundation bass. I've always been impressed with Hartley's ability to produce a good quality product at a reasonable price.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_smith3530
    What do you think of Peavey's imports? I currently own 3 domestic Peavey's, my highly modded '94 Reactor (which I've owned since new), my project '91 Predator, and my most recent, a '93 Foundation bass. I've always been impressed with Hartley's ability to produce a good quality product at a reasonable price.
    I'm reasonably impressed with my EXP, especially after having a new GraphTech nut installed and a pro set-up done. We cover a wide variety of music and I can get everything from Strat to Tele to (almost) SG like tones out of it - learning to play with volume and tone controls rather than cranking everything wide-open. The H/S/S config and 5-way switching is pretty versatile. I would like to try some different p'ups at some point, though these are supposed to be "high output". Maybe a JB bucker in the bridge and Texas Specials in the neck and mid?

Fit and finsih on the rest of the guitar is quite good. The neck is smooth and as fast as I need right now. The hardware might be a bit cheap, but for under $200 CAD who can complain?

I'll post some pictures once I have my new PG on!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Pickguard Came Today...

...and it was for a standard Tele, not the "Nashville" style I ordered (with the cut-out for the middle p'up).

I emailed Guitar Fetish right away and within 2 hours I have a response! I have to mail this p/g back, but I'm getting 3 sets of strings to cover my shipping costs! Wow! Pretty good customer service in my books.

Great bunch to deal with. Give 'em some business.

GuitarFetish.com