Thread: A affordable delay

Post Thanks / Like

Default A affordable delay

So, I'm looking for a good, but affordable delay. I need something that will be good enough to gig with. I'm going to the store tomorrow and they only have the behringer ones, I'll try them out there.
    What are your suggestions?
    What one would you get/do you have? What are your experiences with it?.
    Guitars: Ibanez RGT42DX loaded with Dimarzio Air Norton (neck) and Dimarzio x2n (bridge)
    MIM strat /w maple neck. new pickups soon
    Amps: ENGL Screamer 50 1x12 Combo
    Effects: All I use now is a dunlop wah and a big muff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiefnig
    What are your suggestions?
    What one would you get/do you have? What are your experiences with it?.

Though I'm a fan of Behringer Equieppement: In my opinion the Delay pedal is crap, sorry. I like the Digitech delay or the Boss on. But they are much mor expensive. Perhaps you have a look at the Rocktron Short Timer? It's about 50 Euro, but very good and stable.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Never tried the Behringer pedal. I got a Danelectro PB & J a while ago, and it sounds great and is quiet. I recommend it. It is quite inexpensive too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I'm from germany too, thanks for the suggestions, what do you think of this? http://www.thomann.de/de/danelectro_dj17.htm

Oh, that's the one robert posted -.- I think I'll go for that one. It looks cool, seems to be good and it's pretty small. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by tiefnig; August 26th, 2006 at 08:28 AM.
    Guitars: Ibanez RGT42DX loaded with Dimarzio Air Norton (neck) and Dimarzio x2n (bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiefnig
    Chris, I'm from germany too, thanks for the suggestions, what do you think of this? http://www.thomann.de/de/danelectro_dj17.htm
    I think the Danelectro should be ok. Tried other pedals of Danelectro and they all sounded good.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Many people say it's the key to a good lead tone, is that true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone ever try the Arion units, the DDM-1 digital delay, or SAD-3 stereo delay? I know Robert likes his other Arion pedal. I guess I would also consider the Danelectro and the Ibanez DE-7 (if I could find it used)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how do you define "affordable" the best compact delay with many features that I have tried is Digitech's DIGIDELAY:

I has 7 different modes (I love the analog type of delay) and includes also the option of looping (the loop's length can be up to only 4 sec...)

The best feature that this delay has is that you can tap with your foot the tempo, in order to follow excatly the rythm

Highly RECOMMENDED!!!

I don't really like the delays of Boss, with one exception: the DD-20, but it is a bit expensive...
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb II, Tech21 TM30
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:
    http://www.blackframe.gr

Personal Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Post Thanks / Like

I really like my Ibanez DE7, which is Echo and Delay.
    Sells for $70.00 online New or $20-40 used on Ebay.
    Gets great reviews and feels solid.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.