Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Reverend Guitars
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reverend Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reverend Guitars

I am new here at The Fret and I thought I would show you what I use REVERENDS (bolt-ons). I was a long time Fender Man (over 30 years) but Reverend converted me after I bought my first a Club King HB model (no longer made) and since then it has been Reverends only. I am now the proud owner of a Club King HB, Gil Parris Model and a Buckshot now with these three models I can cover any type of music with monster tone. If you are looking for something different with great workmanship and tone at a unreal real price I urge you to try one out for yourself you will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by Double; December 9th, 2009 at 02:22 PM.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Double! I am Reverend fan too. I don't have one right now, but I will get one eventually. I also gig regularly with a good ole Reverend Hellhound tube amp.

The Club King 290 is probably the one I will get.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Welcome Double! I am Reverend fan too. I don't have one right now, but I will get one eventually. I also gig regularly with a good ole Reverend Hellhound tube amp.

The Club King 290 is probably the one I will get.
    I would love to find a Reverend Amp, I have never heard one but from what I have read they are great. The Guitars are fantanstic.
    Live Music Is The Only Music

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Reverend Daredevil HB. Just a killer guitar, and the fact that the company is so cool and engaged is icing on the cake. Joe Naylor said in an interview that his instruments are the "muscle cars of the guitar world."
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

I own a few... All USA Models though...

Guitars and Basses

Post Thanks / Like

I've often drooled over the CK 290 and the Manta Ray 290

Man those look sweet Revfan!!

I live the swirly one for looks, but I am not really found of HSS guitars.

The 3 lipstick pup one certainly looks like it has mojo.

Which is your favorite?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a Jetstream 390 a couple of months back and love it. As you say, great workmanship, tone & playability at a great price. Super value guitars! Here's mine:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Vood, what does that guitar sound like? Is it describable? More like Tele, Strat or LP tone?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I've really got to track down a Reverend dealer and try out a Volcano and/or a Ron Asheton signature.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Vood, what does that guitar sound like? Is it describable? More like Tele, Strat or LP tone?
    Sounds like a cross between a P90 LP and a Strat. Definitely has that characteristic P90 snarl & bite, but the 5-way selector on the 3 pickups gives it the Strat-iness. You get a noticeable quack at positions 2 and 4 and a stronger single coil character than you hear in a LP or an SG with P90s. At the same time, it's a much beefier tone than a Strat and the bass contour control lets you ladle on the fat if you want even more. You have to be careful with that when using the middle and neck pickups, though, because you can overdo it and muddy up the tone. Overall, a very versatile instrument with a boatload of available tones....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Man Vood,

I didn't know that you had a Jetstream 390.

I guess that I was out of the loop for longer than I thought.

Congrats!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Reverend Jetstream HB but traded it away for a Hwy 1 Strat. I wish I still had it.

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to keep the Thread alive...

Any other Reverend Love out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet collection, Rev.
    Marnold, I forget where you're located, (Michigan?) If you're around metro Detroit, Joe's Music in Eastpointe is a Rev dealer, and I went in one day to test a few. At the time, the Manta Ray was my fav. But they have since released many other new models I'd like to check out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revfan
    Trying to keep the Thread alive...

Any other Reverend Love out there?

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950
    Marnold, I forget where you're located, (Michigan?) If you're around metro Detroit, Joe's Music in Eastpointe is a Rev dealer, and I went in one day to test a few. At the time, the Manta Ray was my fav. But they have since released many other new models I'd like to check out.
    Former Michigander from Bay City. Now living north of Green Bay, WI. I know that there's a place in Iron Mountain and one more towards the Fox Valley that sells Reverends. I'm just afraid I'd REALLY want a Volcano then.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Club King RT
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG]

[/IMG]
    "Hell, that ain't Country Western Hoss, that's biscuits and Lion-Tamers..." ~Unknown Hinson

Post Thanks / Like

Cool... I'm interested in a Buck Shot. Are these guitars made in Korea or Indonesia?

Post Thanks / Like

Korean built

Then they are set up once in Michigan.

I did not have to do anything to mine except strings and I can be the picky one to say the least, lol....
    "Hell, that ain't Country Western Hoss, that's biscuits and Lion-Tamers..." ~Unknown Hinson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast