Thanx, ZMAN & sunvalleylaw. Until the champagne... will do!
I'm still kinda shocked that they offer the gold on these guitars, but like the earlier custom MIMs, they've cut loose with some classic shades.
I'm sure this will at least equal my long gone '95 Shell Pink w/rosewood CMIM w/Texas Specials & Fat-O-Caster that I loved. I was stoked that the seller changed the bland one ply pick guard to something sexier, and think it fits in well, helping to offset the gold without standing out too much.
They call the finish on these CPs a 'thin skin poly', as opposed to the bullet-proof polyesters. Not sure how that translates to a more resonate body as supposedly the vintage nitro finishes help produce, but if Clapton and Beck are happy with their new poly Strats, then I ain't worrying!

Another selling point on these is having a re-worked PU switch that now gives you the neck and bridge combo, which is where I always leave mine. So maybe no need to ring up deaf-eddie.
Plus the formerly unique to the Fullerton Custom Shop 'two point' vibrato should be a winner.
It would be nice to have a guitar that I don't want/need to mod.