Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hello everyone!

Thread: Hello everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello everyone!

Hey everyone, first post!

I've been coming on here for a while reading posts, finally decided to join up. You guys are a really great source of information, and just wanted to say thanks, to start off, for all the info I've gotten without you even knowing bout it.
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! This is an awesome forum. Enjoy!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Leonidas! I see you have similar gear as a few other fretters, including me... good gear!

Enjoy our club!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome....i think you will like it here....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Leonidas! Another valvetronix player
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Hoi, throw away the valvetronix or give it to me, you can have my behringer.
    Guitars: Ibanez RGT42DX loaded with Dimarzio Air Norton (neck) and Dimarzio x2n (bridge)
    MIM strat /w maple neck. new pickups soon
    Amps: ENGL Screamer 50 1x12 Combo
    Effects: All I use now is a dunlop wah and a big muff.

Post Thanks / Like

haha, yeah i do have a lot of the same gear. Its funny, I had most of it before discovering thefret, then when i did discover it and saw a lot of people on here had the valvetronix, bad monkey, etc, it solidified that I had made the right choices.

My most recent addition was the Squier Tele Custom, which I plan on making a thread about... It was my first major mod project with guitars.

Anyway, thanks for the friendliness guys.
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Leonidas,

This is a great forum. There are many well seasoned players here. I have learned a lot form this forum and hope to learn a lot more. Recently I've been sitting back and reading all the different posts and practicing my guitar. I have the Squier Tele Custom Deluxe. How do you like yours?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Leonidas!

A Vox ADxxVT and a Bad Monkey seems to be the standard here

Enjoy it here!
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard the GASBOAT Leonidas. Glad to have you.

PS. Hide your credit cards.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Leonidas. I have a tele and a bad monkey, now I'm GASing for the Vox. How do you like yours? Have you ever had a chance to play an Epiphone Valve Jr? The head version is only $99.99 delivered....(evil grin begins to appear on face). Don't worry about GAS syndrome. It's not that contagious.(heh,heh,heh)
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Welcome, Leonidas. I have a tele and a bad monkey, now I'm GASing for the Vox. How do you like yours? Have you ever had a chance to play an Epiphone Valve Jr? The head version is only $99.99 delivered....(evil grin begins to appear on face). Don't worry about GAS syndrome. It's not that contagious.(heh,heh,heh)
    Glenn
    I LOVE my Vox. So far every kind of sound I tried to get out of it.. It nailed. It does take a while to get used to the controls, since its a modeling amp. But once I got really comfortable with how it works, Man its just so easy to get nice tube-like tones with. The Epiphone Valve Jr... no I've never tried it, but from what I hear it is one hell of an amp for its asking price. I actually looked into getting the epi when I purchased my Vox, but the Vox lets you play at such low volume levels and still get that nice crunch, so that was the difference maker for me. The epi valve Jr might be next on my wish list. Guess i'm gettin the GAS bug already, eh? haha
    Leonidas' Gear List:

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, the GAS bug.. nasty little creature! It will bite, and its infectious bite will cause you to lose your resistant to the evil creature (el credito) that lives in most wallets.
    Here is a mug shot of what is believed to be the gasius gearus, or the GAS bug.

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Leonidas! I'm glad you finally signed up and joined the party! I learn something new here almost on a daily basis and just love hanging out here.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Leonidas, try taking the back off the Vox - it sounds better without it and it gets lighter.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Take the back off? Hmm. Now theres something I never considered... Definitely would make it lighter. How does it make it better? I'd image it'd be less bassy? Or am I wrong?

Guess I'll have to try and find out for myself.....
    Leonidas' Gear List:

Post Thanks / Like

An LP copy with a '59 and a PG? A Valvetronix amp? A Bad Monkey?

MY MAN!!!!

Welcome to TheFret, Leonidas!!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman

MY MAN!!!!

Hmm... I wonder why I never see the two of you together at the same time. Kinda like Clark Kent and Superman
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman

MY MAN!!!!

Hahaha.. Thanks Voodoo
    Yep looks like we got some similiarities in taste. We just have the pup positions switched on the LP. How do you like the PG and '59 together? I think they are both fantastic, and complement each other really well.

PS: If we are clark and superman, I'm superman right??
    Leonidas' Gear List: