Thread: Live setup for ME pedals

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Live setup for ME pedals

I've confused two posts and pasted over the original in here. Argh.

Anyway, for those who didn't read it the first time, the idea was that I wanted to know what I should use for tone after an ME-50 but before the amp, as I was going into the effect return. I was wondering if something like a Tech 21 Sansamp GT2 would be good for adding in some tone after the effects box of the ME-50, so that I could play without dirt and not have it sound thin and weak.

Also, my question was what to use for the amp/monitor, since Tech 21 mentioned you should avoid using the GT2 with a tube amp.

That will have to do, as it's all I can remember at this point. Update below.

Update: I found a GT2 on craigslist for $90, so I got that to use as the 'amp' in my amp-less setup. I've touched upon this in another thread in the time since that happened.

It works well for cleans, which is why I wanted it, and I'm no longer amp-dependent for a good tone, since I can go from the GT2 to any monitor or power amp and more or less get the same tone. ME-50 for dirt in front of a clean GT2, then into the effect return of any SS amp and line out to the house.
    Last edited by Eric; October 24th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.