Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Oh crap! More GAS!

Thread: Oh crap! More GAS!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh crap! More GAS!

Attended a jam session at a local watering hole this afternoon and played my guitar through one of these:

OMFG! What a rush! Such smooth, butter-crunchy distortion. It was heavenly to say the least, and that was just through a little 2x12 cab. At times I couldn't even recognize that it was me playing!!

*sigh*

I think I'll head back to catch their set tonight, maybe get another shot at 'er
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, the venerable triple rectifier... It has tons of harmonic rich distorsion, I know a couple of metal dudes that swears that this is the holy grail of amps. To my ears, it sounds better than the 5150 for that kind of music!

So T_ross, ready to release el credito yet?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's what surprised me the most. I've always associated a triple rectifier with paint-peeling metal distortion, but we were jamming alot of old classic rock stuff and you could definately dial in a sweet spot with just enough distortion to give it some "butter-crunch" (not sure how else to describe it) without going over-the-top.

I was amazed at the tone I was getting from an almost clean setting. Freakin' Awesome! Gonna be busy today trying to dial in a patch or two on the ol' RP-80 to see if I can come close

So I'm adding this to my wish-list, but I'd be divorced in a heartbeat if I brought home any more gear at this point in time I've been doing good so far, as our gigs have brought in enough to cover my gas-quisitions. A Messa Triple would definately tip the scale. But still...
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5