Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Eric Johnson strat

Thread: Eric Johnson strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eric Johnson strat

These are such nice guitars. This is the third and best one of these I've had.
    Nice weight, classic tones with a little more modern vibe and a very straight
    quartersawn neck.
    The only change I'm making is changing the bridge pickup to a Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Solo for a little more gain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzrat
    These are such nice guitars. This is the third and best one of these I've had.
    Nice weight, classic tones with a little more modern vibe and a very straight
    quartersawn neck.
    The only change I'm making is changing the bridge pickup to a Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Solo for a little more gain.

Nice axe ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxi................

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet Strat there, jazzrat. Those Eric Johnson's are nice! Congrats!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very sweet!

I'm under the impression that these Eric Johnson strat's are becoming the standard that other strat's are being measured/compared against. :

Am I close, or just my usual confused state?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Very sweet!

I'm under the impression that these Eric Johnson strat's are becoming the standard that other strat's are being measured/compared against. :

Am I close, or just my usual confused state?
    They really do have a nice list of features that you can't get anywhere else short of custom shop, for instance.
    Quarter sawn neck, special thinnner headstock for more down angle, nice beefy soft V to C neck profiles, staggered vintage style tuners, vintage contoured body with weight restriction, nitro finish, vintage style trem block, tone control on bridge pickup.

I recently had a '56 NOS Custom shop strat that was a Dave's Music special.
    I was not any better guitar and actually the fit and finish as well as the tone
    was just so, so. Sold it and bought this EJ.

Check out how straight the grain is on this pic of the headstock.
    These are nice necks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, that pic gives my guitars headstock envy!
    Last edited by Tig; September 10th, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man I need to play one of them. I love that quatersawn neck and beautiful grain in that body. Congrats:

Post Thanks / Like

Loll!!

I'm on my second and I'm looking for a third!

I bought my first Blondie about three years ago and it was nice but the second one is a killer!

As with all Fenders, you have to try out several examples and check the fits and finish carefully because of the variation between examples but I've played several EJ's and of that group two were simply outstanding and this is one of them.

This one was picked out at the warehouse and it took a month for the Rep to find a good one but now it's mine-O-mine . The only thing I've changed so far has been to swap the stock trem for a Callaham set up and yes, it was an improvment. Now the guitar has even better sustain and a woodier tone. The difference is subtle but its definately there and it's worth it.

I would agree... These are currently the guitars that all of the other Strats are compared to and I'm looking for another one already. I've been spoiled by the EJ's neck. (The pickups arent bad either.)

The neck on my first EJ was straight grained but this one is covered in "Bees Wing". Just gorgous and I'll be keeping it forever. (Well, for a long time anyway!)