Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Gas!!!! Deluxe Series Blackout Telecaster

Thread: New Gas!!!! Deluxe Series Blackout Telecaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Gas!!!! Deluxe Series Blackout Telecaster

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=0135032306

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=515524

I have some Serious gas for this axe.
    I have bought 3 guitars since last December so it will have to wait or I'll have to have to do a Jedi mind trick on the wife.

Anyway I was wonder if anyone here has played or owned this guitar and could you please give your much valued input.

Best Regards,

Maxi......................

Post Thanks / Like

I own it! In fact the Blackout was my very first Telecaster. Since then I've added a '72 thinline hollowbody as well.

It is a great guitar, Maxi. Incredibly versatile, resonant and a neck and fingerboard I can only describe a "effortless". It has a range of sounds that cover all of the regular tele tones and way, way beyond. It quacks and twangs but can also produce some really mellow smooth sounds as well. In fact, from a versatility standpoint, its kicks both of my Strat's rear ends. It's a real looker too with the black on black and chrome hardware. Really, it's one of my favorite guitars!

The fret finishing on the one I got was just a tiny bit rough on a few of the ends, but it was an easy fix and the only real complaint I had. They are kind of rare, at least out this way, and I always like to give a guitar a spin before bringing her home, but this is one axe that I would recommend highly and am very confident you'll love it!

Hope this helps (you're on your own with the Mrs!)
    Here's kind of a crummy pic of mine:

Jim
    Last edited by MIDIMan56; September 14th, 2009 at 05:19 PM.
    Things that I annoy my family and neighbors with:
    Epiphone '58 Korina Flying V
    Epiphone Firebird VII
    Epiphone SG Prophecy GX
    Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
    Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
    Epiphone B.B.King Lucille
    Gretsch 5120
    Fender Standard Strat (Arctic White/Maple Neck)
    Fender Deluxe Players Strat (Three Color Burst/Maple Neck)
    Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline Semi-Hollow Body
    Fender Telecaster Deluxe Blackout
    Squire Fretless Jazz Bass
    Line 6 Spider III Jam Amp
    Ovation Legend acoustic from 1974
    Yamaha PSR3000 Workstation
    Yamaha DD-12 Electronic Drums

www.myspace.com/jimharbur

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on the Fender production line can't count
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Someone on the Fender production line can't count
    Are you referring to the third pickup, Mark? It's nothing new ... James Burton has has one for eons ...

Jim
    Epiphone Firebird VII
    Epiphone SG Prophecy GX
    Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
    Gretsch 5120

Post Thanks / Like

I know ! I'm just a bit of a purist when it comes to teles.
    Funnily enough, years back Burton used to say he played a tele rather than a strat because the middle pickup got in the way of his right hand. Hmmm.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I can identify, Mark. With me, its the sight of either a Tele or a Strat without a pickguard! For some reason, that just makes me uneasy!

Heck, I can barely deal with a rosewood fretboard on a Fender ... but for some reason the third pup doesn't bother me! LOL

Jim
    Epiphone Firebird VII
    Epiphone SG Prophecy GX
    Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
    Gretsch 5120

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIDIMan56
    I own it! In fact the Blackout was my very first Telecaster. Since then I've added a '72 thinline hollowbody as well.

It is a great guitar, Maxi. Incredibly versatile, resonant and a neck and fingerboard I can only describe a "effortless". It has a range of sounds that cover all of the regular tele tones and way, way beyond. It quacks and twangs but can also produce some really mellow smooth sounds as well. In fact, from a versatility standpoint, its kicks both of my Strat's rear ends. It's a real looker too with the black on black and chrome hardware. Really, it's one of my favorite guitars!

The fret finishing on the one I got was just a tiny bit rough on a few of the ends, but it was an easy fix and the only real complaint I had. They are kind of rare, at least out this way, and I always like to give a guitar a spin before bringing her home, but this is one axe that I would recommend highly and am very confident you'll love it!

Hope this helps (you're on your own with the Mrs!)
    Here's kind of a crummy pic of mine:

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the input I own a Custom Telecaster FMT HH MIK which is a nice guitar but it does not really have that tele sound with the double hum bucklers coil tap or not.

So, I want that real Tele sound and I like guitars which are a little less common and the Baja tele is out of my price range right now (come on lotto). So, with it being currently on sale for $599.99 its really making me go hmmmm I can find away to slip this pass the wife. LOL

The pic of yours just made the gas stronger. LOL

Maxi.............:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Enjoy the Blackout!

Hey, man:

I have had the Deluxe Blackout Telecaster for about two years now. Love it!!
    I'm just moving into intermediate range as a player, but I can get some great sounds out of this baby. The three-pickup arrangement puts you somewhere between a twangy, old-style Tele and a singing Strat. I have a FSR ash Strat, but frankly I like the Blackout better. It is very versatile. You can do just about anything with it.

I run the Blackout with a Pandora processor and then through a Marshall MG 15-watt combo. I can get everything from quite realistic sounding acoustic simulation (OK, it's more like acoustic-electric sounding) to great jazzy clean, through somewhat smoky blues and (if you like it) roaring distortion.

It's a great guitar. Very solid. My only out-of-the-box issue was a little third-fret buzz on the G string. I raised the saddle a tad, used a fine whetstone to shave the fret a teensy bit ... and it's all been good since then.

It's a lot of fun to play.

Have fun and get one.

Regards, Miami-Ace

Post Thanks / Like

Played one of these on my last trip to GC. It's a great Tele! It can twang, quack, and roar.

It's a versatile guitar, and plays great. If I wasn't GASsing for a double bucker Tele right now, I'd give that one serious consideration.

BTW, when you get that Jedi mind trick figured out, let me know, will ya?

@ Midiman56 - That '72 Thinline in the background looks beautiful!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    BTW, when you get that Jedi mind trick figured out, let me know, will ya?
    ITS a work in progress. LOL
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin