Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Back in Black - AC/DC

Thread: Back in Black - AC/DC

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Back in Black - AC/DC

After many requests, I made this video lesson -

Back in Black AC/DC Lesson

Let me know what you think.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Very timely. I've just recently been learning this song for the first time. I've never been a real big AC/DC fan, but this is my favorite tune of theirs. I'm gratified to find that I've been playing it virtually exactly as you show, albeit not as well!

BTW, were you wearing your schoolboy uniform shorts while you were recording the video?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, I had the complete outfit on, including my school bag! I had to refrain from jumping around as Angus Young though, or else it would have been hard stay in camera view!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, nice video!
    Perhaps you should include the associated "moves" with every song? The Angus Young jumps, Pete Townsend windmill imitation, Jimi playing with his teeth and so on?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

High Voltage Rock man! Yeahhh!

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Robert in the beanie hat... other than missing that I thought the video was very informative..thanks Robert!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Roberto - I saw the youtube version and someone posted a "weird" comment on how it was played. What is that guy talking about? I didn't understand it. If he meant the ascending chromatic riff thats how I've always played it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Perhaps you should include the associated "moves" with every song? The Angus Young jumps, Pete Townsend windmill imitation, Jimi playing with his teeth and so on?
    Hey, SuperSwede, don't forget the "Guitar-Chris-plays-behind-his-neck" lick.

See picture of our last gig
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

You ROCK, Chris! You look like a born rock star.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    You ROCK, Chris! You look like a born rock star.
    But born 40 years to late
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic!

Chris, Robert is right, that is a STAR quality move
    So, have a recording from that gig?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

So, have a recording from that gig?
    Unfortunately, no we have not. We did not so many gigs until now (it was our second one with this band). So we thought of many things, but not recording.

Only a few pictures like this one. Ok, i have to learn the lyrics, so i don't have to use this note stand anymore...

Attachment 483

Picture was taken from the first line of guest, so you can't see them. But they were there, I swear
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; August 29th, 2006 at 04:51 AM.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    Picture was taken from the first line of guest, so you can't see them. But they were there, I swear
    Haha.... Ok, I´ll believe you...
    What songs do you guys play?

Post Thanks / Like

What songs do you guys play?
    So we play cover versions mostly of songs from the 70's, but also some newer. We have a set in the moment of 2 hours, but it is increasing.
    Some songs of our setlist:

Twilight Zone - Golden Earring
    Throw Down the Sword - Wishbone Ash
    One - U2
    Evening Over Rooftops - Edgar Broughton Band
    When a Blind Man Cries - Deep Purple
    You and I - Scorpions (but we do a more acoustic version)
    Have You Ever Seen The Rain - CCR
    Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
    Basket Case - Green Day
    Arms of Mary - Sotherland Brothers Quiver
    Wish You Where Here - Pink Floyd

and of course we play the classics....

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Guns 'n' Roses Version
    Who'll Stop The Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR)
    Hymn - Barcley James Harvest
    It Never Rains In Southern California - Albert Hammond
    and so on.
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; May 15th, 2007 at 10:20 AM.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

folks, ANYTHING you put on youtube will draw flames from some loser or other. people have to be critical of others, usually due to some unhappiness in their lives, so dont take bad youtube reviews to be factual. if you enjoyed playing it, its good enough for others to hear if you want to share and dont worry about those who have to be negative. carp3nt3r.

Post Thanks / Like

Default AC/DC rocks

Well to say the least I am probably one of the biggest AC/DC fans alive today. I am also an aspiring guitarist and Angus is my idol. His way of raw unadulterated rock and blood and guts roll are the staple of the bands we see today and the axemen behind them. I mean if you look at it followers of his: Dime ( god rest his soul) and Jerry Cantrell just to give 2 names of who love his work and I am sure their are countless more out there, I mean I worship Angus's work and for years this little signature move on B+B has held me from asking my band to do it. Now I may give it a whirl with them and see. thakns for the video hookup and happy rocking to all, and remember if it don't hurt the fingers to play it youre doin it wrong anyway...........................the freak
    For those who dare to be good, it aint enough, therefore you should strive to be great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    ans of course we play the classics....

It Never Rains In Southern California - Albert Hammond
    and so on.
    This song is considered a classic in Germany? That's fantastic.

I was on a cable car in SF 20 years or so ago and it was lightly sprinkling and a couple of German tourists broke out in big toofy grins and started singing

"It never rains in California..."

with thick German accents. It cracked me up!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Props to both Chris & Robert

Firstly, Robert, thanks for the AC/DC lesson. a lot of my playing involves throwing in riffs from this that or the other and seeing how i can piece them all together [kinda like a live mixtape, which btw, anyone into great funk playing, find yourself The Live Mix and The Live Mix 2 by The Breakestra, Miles Tackett will blow you away]. This one will def add some flavor to my ever growing Moby Dick jam.

Chris, I like the setlist. I think I'd enjoy your band. Now come play Florida and the other states. The behind-the-back lick impresses the hell out of me as I have a hard enough time playing and standing at the same time. thank god for marc ribot to carry the standard for seated play! not to mention playing for other people. more power to you! keep germany rockin'
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer