Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
So who's got a Reverend guitar? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who's got a Reverend guitar?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    What was the pocketbook damage?
    Just about 4 Benjamins, including a very nice padded tweed canvas gig bag. From what I've seen, new Jetstream 390's typically go in the $600 - $700 range. Considering the mint condition of the guitar, I thought this was an excellent value. Not up to typical Krashpad grand larceny guitar deal standards, but still very good.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I love that particular sunburst finish, it's an eye catcher for sure!
    3 P90's looks/sounds like 'da bomb, Vood. Congratulations on a great deal.:
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's what I emailed DVM about my limited knowledge of Reverend guitars that may be a little help for those interested in one:

I’ve only played their bolt-on neck guitars so far, which are all 25 ½ inch scale. Their set-neck series are all 24 ¾ inch scale. If I were to buy a set-neck Reverend with Revtrons, I think I’d go with their new Sensei RT. They dropped the Roundhouse series that was their Les Paul copy and replaced it with the Sensei. Looks like a cool shape. For a bolt-on neck w/Revtrons, the Club King RT or Flatrock are your choices depending on wanting a semi-hollow body or solid body, respectively. I like the Tele style selector switch of the Club King, and the semi-hollow sounds great with any pickup.

I was looking for a Jetstream 390 for my P-90 guitar, but couldn’t find one. I wish I bought a guitar with 3 P-90’s instead of 2 for more tone options and two different hum canceling positions (position 2 and 4). The P-90’s in single pickup mode are quiet with clean settings, but are almost unusable with high gain. Combined is where I usually keep the pickups, and wow, they can really growl! I don’t like flying V’s, so the Ron Asheton Signature was off my list. That leaves the Warhawk II 390, which could be a really sweet guitar. Here’s their Youtube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aDLLQtGaRg It sounds great, especially with some gain.

For 2 P-90’s they have all kinds of great choices, like the Manta Ray 290, Sensei 290, Jetstream 290, and the new Pete Anderson Signature.

What I like about the Reverends is their neck (nice profile and fast), the bass contour knob, which really does help color tone, and their overall quality for so little price. What I don’t like is the lack of arm rest bevels or belly cuts (depending on model), and the tuners that were on 2007 and earlier guitars. The old style tuners stay in tune really well, but are a pain to change strings without a needle nose and cutters. Their new pin lock tuners are reported to be nice and solid. Check out their Youtube channel for demo’s: http://www.youtube.com/user/reverendguitars

My next guitar will likely be an double humbucker guitar, and Reverend offers some good possibilities, like the Sensei HB and Gil Parris Signature (HSH).

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

See my thread on Reverend Guitars for pics. I have three Reverends a Club King HB (no longer made) a Gil Parris and a Buckshot (just reviewed by Guitar Player) all with rosewood necks. With these three guitars I can cover all types of music. I sold all my American made Fenders and have never looked back. Excellent workmanship great tones and at unbelievable low prices, you cannot go wrong buying a Reverend.
    Live Music Is The Only Music

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say enough good things about the Reverend Daredevil HB I bought a couple of months ago. It plays like a dream and covers a huge amount of tonal territory thanks to the bass contour control. I've really been putting it through its paces lately in the two bands I'm in, doing everything from mellow jazz tones to massive sludgy fuzziness. It's a guitar that's up for anything.

I'd be interested in trying a Rev with P90s sometime. The Double Agent in particular looks mighty interesting.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12