Thread: fulltone fat boost one

Post Thanks / Like

Default fulltone fat boost one

today was a good day to go down to my local music store.i browse every now and then but today to find a fat boost 1 was great i used to own the second version it was a good pedal but not the punch i was looking for.f boost 1 though it is exactly what i was looking for simple set up.i have noticed alot of things fulltone redesigns are not as good as the first runs. i always figure if it aint broke dont fix it later

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have several Fulltone pedals on my board and I have owned the fat boost for a couple of years. I don't know what version it is but I like it when I need a little fuller tone, and a little punch. I have heard guys mention that on a certain fulltone pedal they like one version over another. They seem to be very adamant about it so I have to take their word for it . I have not had that experience.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I have several Fulltone pedals on my board and I have owned the fat boost for a couple of years. I don't know what version it is but I like it when I need a little fuller tone, and a little punch. I have heard guys mention that on a certain fulltone pedal they like one version over another. They seem to be very adamant about it so I have to take their word for it . I have not had that experience.
    yep i do agree i once owned an ocd killer pedal my boost only has volume drive and one control for tone it is also grey the second version i did own its red and did not seem to have as much punch my other guitar player loves it though. the third one is supposed to put the two together oh yeah version 2 and 3 both have bass and treble controls instead of one tone control version three is now also grey.next fulltoneproduct i would love to own is the supa trem tremolo later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelsmca
    today was a good day to go down to my local music store.i browse every now and then but today to find a fat boost 1 was great i used to own the second version it was a good pedal but not the punch i was looking for.f boost 1 though it is exactly what i was looking for simple set up.i have noticed alot of things fulltone redesigns are not as good as the first runs. i always figure if it aint broke dont fix it later

I think that is part of Fuller's marketing genius, keep "improving" your product so people will want to buy the "newest and the best" version. I don't want to do that w/ my computer. I am positive I don't want to do that w/ my pedals!

=-) PJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelsmca
    i have noticed alot of things fulltone redesigns are not as good as the first runs. i always figure if it aint broke dont fix it later
    I've chatted w/ Mike before and was suprised that he runs a fairly small operation / buisness. Most of these guys listen to customer feedback and make changes based on what people want, or add new features that give the user more variety. I'm sure there is a fair amount of marketing in there too.
    At least he continues to put good product out there and doesn't sell out.

I just picked up a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, that has the new features as well as switchable modes that give you the original options which was my deciding factor....
    Not sure if it sounds exactly like to old ones, but I'm pretty happy with it.