Thread: Boss ME-70 power Adapter Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boss ME-70 power Adapter Question

Hey guys,
    I bought a Boss ME-70 recently but I didn't buy the power adapter. I have purchased a different power adapter, but I need to know if the Boss ME-70 is center positive or center negative so I don't blow the pedal up when I plug it in.

Can anyone here help me with this?

Many thanks,
    Cav
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Post Thanks / Like

All Boss pedals are centre negative, Cav. Rock Shop used to do a 1/2 amp 9v adapter for about $20 which was perfect and a bit more robust than your Warehouse numbers. I don't know if they still do.

OT, I bought one of those Hellbabe Wahs at last yesterday. Not bad.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark,
    Ok, thanks man. That helps me alot. I will go check out the rockshop and see if they still got any.

Yeah, the hellbabe's arn't too bad ay. They're more of a vodoo type wah than a crybaby one.

Many thanks,
    Cav

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    All Boss pedals are centre negative, Cav. Rock Shop used to do a 1/2 amp 9v adapter for about $20 which was perfect and a bit more robust than your Warehouse numbers. I don't know if they still do.

OT, I bought one of those Hellbabe Wahs at last yesterday. Not bad.
    I had one too, but sold it off for 10 bucks. Soundwise it was rather OK! I managed to break the sensitivity adjustment the 1st time I adjusted it though, be careful with that...also I didn't like how small the range of movement on the pedal is.

But it has a nice sound, especially for the price.
    I now have an Ibanez ScreamingDemon which rectifies Hellbaby's shortcomings, but soundwise it's no better.

Been thinking I really should get a CryBaby classic some day...as good as many others are (I used a Morley for years too), only a Crybaby sounds like a Crybaby.

It's just that I really want a wah that starts automatically...oh well, gotta think about it.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh by the way, I bought this Boss ME-70 when I was in the USA (I live in New Zealand) and the USA power supply is something like 110 volts and New Zealands power is something like 220 - 240 volts. Can the Boss ME-70 take 240 volts as the input power? If that makes any sense. I can't see anywhere on the pedal or in the manual where it says the power input.

Many thanks,
    Cav

Post Thanks / Like

The ME-70 is a 9v DC device. The wall voltage supplied to the external PSU is irrelevant.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Oh by the way, I bought this Boss ME-70 when I was in the USA (I live in New Zealand) and the USA power supply is something like 110 volts and New Zealands power is something like 220 - 240 volts. Can the Boss ME-70 take 240 volts as the input power? If that makes any sense. I can't see anywhere on the pedal or in the manual where it says the power input.

Many thanks,
    Cav
    I don't see how that would matter, it's the wallwart only that has to be 220 for you...the unit takes only 9V from the transformer, right?

Here we use 230V / 60Hz as opposed to 110/50.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

oh, ok thanks deeaa. That helps alot. I just didn't wanna blow it up, coz if I did that I can't afford to get another one lol haha.

Thanks again,
    Cav

Post Thanks / Like

9vdc 0.5A negative center. I bought the Boss PW for the ME-70 I have.

You're gonna like the pedal. My sweet combo is Carvin Bolt with C22s - Me-70 - Windsor half stack.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman
    9vdc 0.5A negative center. I bought the Boss PW for the ME-70 I have.

You're gonna like the pedal. My sweet combo is Carvin Bolt with C22s - Me-70 - Windsor half stack.
    Hey Kiteman,
    Ok, thanks man! Yeah I love the pedal ay, its great! Do you run the ME-70 through the main input or through the effects loop?

Sweet setup man! That sounds great!

Laterz,
    Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Main input.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

ok, awesome! Thanks man!

Laterz,
    Cav