Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hell Guitars - Page 11
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Hell! We want to see what's INSIDE that box - who the hell cares about the wrapper! (Just kidding - congrats!)
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Syo, I'm very much looking forward to owning one of your fine guilars.

Do you have any photos of the new babies fresh off the production line?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Syo, I'm very much looking forward to owning one of your fine guilars.

Do you have any photos of the new babies fresh off the production line?
    Almost Sean.
    Here are a few pics in the factory, guitars not yet completely off the production line but close. I took these photos at Duffy's request to see some shots of the process/factory. Sorry I didn't get these up sooner. Taken with my mobile phone so quality is so so. I'll try to post a few more soon.

Here's a shot of some of my guitars which were brought in to have the hardware assembled.

Pickups being installed

These 3 were taken in the final assembly/setup phase. I spent quite a few hours myself in one of these stations playing dozens of guitars. In fact I was standing in the same position for so long that when it came time to go to dinner my legs were almost locked in position. I think I was so focused on trying to find any flaws that I forgot to shift my weight from time to time. You'll notice labels on the Bare Knuckle pickups. I put them on before shipping them from Japan as we have several different combinations per style. I didn't want to take a chance that they could get confused.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting! Thanks for posting these pics.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo
    Are those Nailbombs? Sweet!!!

Very cool, syo! Can't wait to see more (and have one too!)

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the looks of that white one,good job.Ah but what the hell you already knew that.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see the website up and running...

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool Syo! I hope to see one in person one day!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    Can't wait to see the website up and running...
    Yes don, I know. I'm late as usual. Sorry...

Things are coming along however. Recently received the first production run and I'm personally inspecting and testing all of them. I should be finished with most of them by the end of the weekend. I must say that so far I am completely blown away with the quality. I know that this sounds like self serving sales talk but it truly isn't. I post all the Hell news as it comes and if it were otherwise, I would say so. All of the so far tested guilars are excellent players and sound terrific. There have been two so far that actually sent chills down my spine. Incredible tone and drop-jaw sustain and they played exceptionally fast. Second to no guilars that I have ever played.
    There are a couple that will have to go as B stock for purely cosmetic reasons. Nothing major yet though. Will see what the rest of this weekend brings, but so far I am relieved and very very happy.

I was messing about a week or so with ago with melting ice and came up with a little video teaser. Rough but conceptually where I'm going. Audio is the first (and only) take of some playing around I did while while watching the video. I'm thinking to have a contest with the finished video, "Score one for Hell". A competition to score the vid. Winner gets a guitar. Could be interesting.

Of course once you go to hellguitars.com all bcdon (or anyone else for that matter) can currently see is that "coming soon" page. The site right now is being held up by the fact that at this stage of Hell development I'm still in control-freak mode. I will be bringing others in to help soon but I have to get through the birth stage first. Nearly delivering. Practically however it is being held up by the fact that the guitars (oops guilars) have had some minor changes made to them so I have to reshoot the lot. I can't do that until some new hardware (knobs) arrives next week. But the layout is about ready.

I can see the lights up ahead and they spell H-E-L-L...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post
    Yes don, I know. I'm late as usual. Sorry...

Things are coming along however. Recently received the first production run and I'm personally inspecting and testing all of them. I should be finished with most of them by the end of the weekend. I must say that so far I am completely blown away with the quality. I know that this sounds like self serving sales talk but it truly isn't. I post all the Hell news as it comes and if it were otherwise, I would say so. All of the so far tested guilars are excellent players and sound terrific. There have been two so far that actually sent chills down my spine. Incredible tone and drop-jaw sustain and they played exceptionally fast. Second to no guilars that I have ever played.
    There are a couple that will have to go as B stock for purely cosmetic reasons. Nothing major yet though. Will see what the rest of this weekend brings, but so far I am relieved and very very happy.

I was messing about a week or so with ago with melting ice and came up with a little video teaser. Rough but conceptually where I'm going. Audio is the first (and only) take of some playing around I did while while watching the video. I'm thinking to have a contest with the finished video, "Score one for Hell". A competition to score the vid. Winner gets a guitar. Could be interesting.

Of course once you go to hellguitars.com all bcdon (or anyone else for that matter) can currently see is that "coming soon" page. The site right now is being held up by the fact that at this stage of Hell development I'm still in control-freak mode. I will be bringing others in to help soon but I have to get through the birth stage first. Nearly delivering. Practically however it is being held up by the fact that the guitars (oops guilars) have had some minor changes made to them so I have to reshoot the lot. I can't do that until some new hardware (knobs) arrives next week. But the layout is about ready.

I can see the lights up ahead and they spell H-E-L-L...
    Hmm, I think I know how the label mishap on the box happened...

Post Thanks / Like

This is getting pretty exciting So score wise you're thinking 30 seconds? Not that I have any composition/arrangement/musical ability, just, well, curious

I think the main competition here is going to be more like "Who buy's and receives the first Hell Guilar". I know there are a couple of us here quite interested

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    This is getting pretty exciting So score wise you're thinking 30 seconds? Not that I have any composition/arrangement/musical ability, just, well, curious

I think the main competition here is going to be more like "Who buy's and receives the first Hell Guilar". I know there are a couple of us here quite interested
    I bet shipping from Japan to Down Under is much faster than to North America.. at least we should have the European guys beat! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Man, this anticipation is driving me crazy! In a good way, of course.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    Yes, Ch0, looking at a 30 second spot. Still working out the details for this but I'll give ample warning along with final video and clear instructions. While composition skills etc., would probably help, they're not necessarily required if you can manage to capture the Hell vibe. Anyway, stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    I bet shipping from Japan to Down Under is much faster than to North America.. at least we should have the European guys beat! ;-)
    I know you're joking don, but I'm not sure about which would be faster. Technically flight time is about the same. What I don't know yet is what are the typical custom delays from country to country. Shipping a guitar to the US usually takes about 4-5 days from Japan. I know Europe usually has longer delays getting things through customs. I am looking into arranging a distribution center for N. America so guitars will be shipped from the States. This will help cut costs and make delivery faster for US and Canada. Not sure when this will happen though I'm fairly sure that this is what we'll do.

Post Thanks / Like

I am rather happy as I recently received some hardware (knobs/toggle knob) that are perfect for my Bender model. I initially wanted to design my own but in an effort to control costs I've been searching for over a year for some pre-existing knobs. It is amazing to me how few styles/choices are actually available. They are chromed brass and really finish things off nicely and have a nice feel to them. I'll take some pictures this weekend and post them.

I also recently learned that there is a law (apparently) that guitar manufacturers must also sell T-shirts. So to be in compliance I have been designing a few.
    I would love to hear any opinions/comments if anyone is inclined. The first one is definite. Just the classic hell logo look. The other 2 I threw together from sketches while waiting in the hospital this week. It was my inclination from the start not to have any devil imagery, satanic stuff but the one below just came off as fun and natural. Might do another with angels too. Anyway, please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool, Syo! I actually like all of them, and I don't think I could choose one favorite. I guess I'll have to get one of each when they're ready. I do kind of favor the bottom design just a tad, I guess, although I'd prefer a black T. Any plans to make baseball caps and beanies? They seem to go along with the tee shirts most of the time. Here in Oregon, I could really use a nice warm Hell hat. ;-)

Thanks for keeping us up to date!
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff, SYO, must be very satisfying for you. If I had to choose, I'd get the last design, the headstock logo. I dig that.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default T design

Syo, one thing I like in a T shirt is a small graphic over the pocket. I like a pocket in them. I have designed a few decent T shirts for various purposes. In addition I like the big graphic on the back instead of the front.

Just my opinion, but I think the bottom graphic with the headstock and a couple tuners with HELL on top would lend itself real well to being modified into a smaller four inch diameter circle pinstripe above the pocket with HELL arcing across the top inside the circle and the year 2011 arcing within the bottom of the pinstripe circle. I personally think this motif makes the T shirt look real cool, especially with the big graphic displayed proudly on the back of the T shirt. It kind of gives it a two dimensional element and looks classy, as opposed to just a plain T shirt with a big graphic on the front and no pocket for MP3 player, phone, etc., highlighted with the four inch diameter graphic above the pocket. I have found these pocketted T shirts to be very popular compared to the plain type.

Just some ideas from my personal perspective and past experience in T shirt design.

The T shirt can be a lot more than just a legal necessity. In my personal view T shirts can be powerful advertising, especially if they are really cool and have an element of desirability that separates them from the plain run of the mill T's.

I also think they look better in a color other than plain white, even grey or red or black. I usually don't go overboard with more than one color and make sure that I have abundant quantities in the most desirable sizes, especially extra large, because of shrinkage, especially with the cheaper T shirts.

I wouldn't mind drawing a sample circle graphic above the pocket and big graphic on the back, but I'm sure if you are contemplating designs you can easily conceptualize the idea I'm getting at. Green would be another color that would, similar to grey, accentuate the red in the headstock graphic.

As I said, I'm really into the powerful advertising value of cool and desirable T shirts.

I personally think the hellish characters on the shirts look really linear and make it difficult to have a flowing graphic, plus they look "busy" and maybe only one character would be better than a few, in my inconsequential opinion.

I hope you don't mind me throwing out some ideas. I definitely don't mean to sound critical, but don't mind sharing some of the experience I have had designing what turned out to be highly desirable T shirts with "strong" advertising value.

Your entire endeavor looks great. I wish you the greatest success.

I really liked that black and gold prototype you posted with the cool diamond or skewed box/rectangle blockiness on the body. That was one stunning finish, probably relatively expensive to produce, but really had a beautiful vibe to it.

What is your target demographic by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

Again, best wishes in your substantial endeavor. It is highly interesting to watch you share your quest with us. We can almost feel your ups and downs. I've never seen such a revealing insight into a mfg'ing pursuit of any type. Thanks for opening that window to your cool project.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a great sticker! Just sayin'.
    -Sean

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast