Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hell Guitars - Page 13
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Things have come along masterfully what great looking axes congrats man I think you have a winner!!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heh, tell you what, I might get back to you on that issue when or if we get into gigging routine again, as it is there's not much exposure to speak of really.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, these are so awesome. Put me down for one of each!!

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I said I wouldn't be posting anymore pictures until the site was up but I'll make one exception (or two...). As everything is just about ready, one detail has been annoying me quite a bit. The truss rod cover on the Bender is just a black/white acetate sandwich which really doesn't make a good impression at all. I did a little research this weekend and found a place that can make me diecast alloy covers for a good price. Actually the company has nothing to do with guitars but they do nice metal work. I sent them my designs and they sent me back their price and all looks good. I am really happy about this. In fact I'm thinking to create a whole bunch of different designs for standard trussrod covers too. I really like how these particular materials look as covers. Very distinctive and different from anything I've ever seen.

Anyway here is a mock-up of the cover along with the line art for the silverplate. The colors will be just gloss black/silver plate. I did the design quickly but it works well enough. I have too many other things I have to do to get Hell out the door, so this will have to do for now. But if it works out, I'll have lots of fun designing more.

Would love to hear any opinions. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Syo! I like that.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sweet!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

That is very nice. I really like the metal work. That is one of the things I really dig about DBZ's guitars is his cool
    metal logo.

Post Thanks / Like

Opinion? I dig the TR cover... I think it looks badass... However, could it be "too much?" I don't know, really, without seeing it on the guitar. What I like about your designs are that there isn't one thing that stands out over anything else on the guitar. The lines have a nice "flow" to them, and work together in a way that's very pleasing to the eye. I don't know if an embellished TR cover would distract the eye from the overall pleasing view of the whole guitar...

Hope that makes sense!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    Opinion? I dig the TR cover... I think it looks badass... However, could it be "too much?" I don't know, really, without seeing it on the guitar. What I like about your designs are that there isn't one thing that stands out over anything else on the guitar. The lines have a nice "flow" to them, and work together in a way that's very pleasing to the eye. I don't know if an embellished TR cover would distract the eye from the overall pleasing view of the whole guitar...

Hope that makes sense!
    Actually Kat, it makes perfect sense. I printed out the mock-up and placed it over the TR hole. It definitely changes the look and a case could be made that it is "too much" for the design. I would also say though that the plain covers on now are definitely "not enough".
    Ordinarily I would spend more time exploring the design until I feel that it is just right. However, I have been tweaking things so much that I'll never get this thing going if I don't stop trying to perfect everything. I'll still work to perfect as much as I can but some of it will have to wait until after launch.

I think the cover looks good on its' own and I think it works well enough on the guitar. However I do have similar concerns to the one you stated. More than anything I really want to see how these covers turn out. If they are well crafted, I'll make more and in different styles. Perhaps owners of the Bender with the "original 3" TR cover will have a collector's item worth thousands in a few years...

Post Thanks / Like

Gee Syo, you're kind of like the Eric Johnson of guitar design...
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post

Hope that makes sense!
    This was my thought as well. I saw the cover and thought "kewl!" then scrolled up to envision it on the headstock, and thought it may start to look cluttered. Keeping in mind that from 10 feet away, you really won't be able to see the detail. BUT, having said ALL that, I could have taken issue with several of your individual design components along the way, but damn if they don't all work...scratch that...EXCEL..... on your guitars. Clearly, your vision for these things works. I say put some on and give it a go. What's easier to change than a truss rod cover!

It's your pursuit of perfection that has given you a new guitar style that will get attention, even from ardent purists. I never would have even thought that possible.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    This was my thought as well. I saw the cover and thought "kewl!" then scrolled up to envision it on the headstock, and thought it may start to look cluttered. Keeping in mind that from 10 feet away, you really won't be able to see the detail. BUT, having said ALL that, I could have taken issue with several of your individual design components along the way, but damn if they don't all work...scratch that...EXCEL..... on your guitars. Clearly, your vision for these things works. I say put some on and give it a go. What's easier to change than a truss rod cover!

It's your pursuit of perfection that has given you a new guitar style that will get attention, even from ardent purists. I never would have even thought that possible.
    Well TK, now that's just a lot of nice stuff you said right there. I would thank you except now I feel as though my work couldn't possibly live up this. Still, thanks...

If I were starting over today with the knowledge and experience I have now, I would do things differently. But the funny thing is, this has all progressed with a certain sense of magic to it. Each decision I have made (even bad ones) have led almost instantly to a new and better (or at least more interesting) path. I think this is what I'm getting off on more than anything.

A good example of this is the TR cover. Generally speaking, without a large budget it is very difficult to design and create unique, quality hardware as the development costs are high. But I really didn't like the off the shelf options so I went to an untraditional source that (apparently) does good work that I can afford. Whether or not this particular design works perfectly or not is not so important as the knowledge I've gained. As you say, it's easy to change a TR cover. Now I'm dreaming up all kinds of cover designs for standard (Gibson etc.) covers too!

Tio Kimo, I liked you soon after you started contributing here. You talk about gear, especially your gear, with passion and a telling appreciation of a truly good thing. On your word, I ordered a Little Lanalei (and two more afterwards). Your review was dead on.

I don't know if my guitars will live up to your current impression or not, but your enthusiasm for what I've done until now has been much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Well TK, now that's just a lot of nice stuff you said right there. I would thank you except now I feel as though my work couldn't possibly live up this. Still, thanks...

I don't know if my guitars will live up to your current impression or not, but your enthusiasm for what I've done until now has been much appreciated.
    De Nada

Just callin' like I see it. If that's an encouragement, that's a great thing!

Ok now, just one question. What does one do with THREE identical amps? (they are awesome though, aren't they, for what they are...)

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    De Nada

Just callin' like I see it. If that's an encouragement, that's a great thing!

Ok now, just one question. What does one do with THREE identical amps? (they are awesome though, aren't they, for what they are...)
    Well, there's one for the studio, one for the kitchen and one for the upstairs bathroom. So I don't have to worry about setting up should I feel inspired...

Nah, actually, I was thinking to sell them as a package with Hell Guitars. I had Tris send me 2 more so I could check quality and have a few players give them a test. After all I decided not to sell the amps. Not because they're not good but it was just a business thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Very awesome....your plans seems to be coming along grandly! You're going to get at least one sale from me!
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

After all I decided not to sell the amps. Not because they're not good but it was just a business thing.
    Yes I recall that conversation. His ability to supply in a timely manner could've gotten you in trouble. Did you not keep one for yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE that Zero Dot! Syo, how much will that particular model be listing for? That is simply a stunner.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Syo, after seeing Robert's post about his Hell Guilar, I have to ask, what's it going to take for you to take my money?
    This, perhaps? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don, tell Dorothy I like her new mini skirt!
    -Sean

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast