Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hell Guitars - Page 15
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

I see I'm going to have to expand my T-shirt wardrobe a bit more...

Very nice. Of course, now that you've mentioned Guinness, I want to walk to the store and get some stout. I feel a mighty thirst just reading about your T-shirts, Syo.

Oh, are you going to have your shirts for the ladies too? I hope so. They're going to feel left out, otherwise.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice T shirt!

That is a nice T shirt.

Your design is great.

Just an observation from my removed point of view; I'd enjoy seeing this version on the "back" of the T shirt, with a small image over the pocket on the front, not necessarily the same image as that on the back. I like to see the main large image on the back with a small image over a pocket on the front. I'm sure you know how much more this costs, etc. But I think it looks cool when the main image is on the back. This probably has to do with my biker background. Plus I just don't like to see the back of T shirts and jackets empty - it seems like the job didn't get done and, to my observation, looks incomplete.

Obviously I'm not being overly critical. It's not my project, it's obviously yours and you will do what you want. I also know that you appreciate the feedback and input you are getting from us.

It's not like you are coming off like you are on an ego trip. It is really cool to watch your endeavor develop and unfold and read about your personal observations relating to the changes you are going thru as you walk down this unfolding path. Your openness and genuine sharing isn't something that I have seen before.

You are right about the copyright and its ultimate value. Eli Whitney, the American inventor of the "cotton gin", made almost nothing off his invention even though it was "patented". His invention universally revolutionized the cotton industry and increased production by at least a couple hundred fold. Every cotton farmer or other plantation owner desiring to get into the profitable cotton boom, copied his invention and built their own "cotton gins", thereby bypassing his patent rights. Farmers, as you may know, are very inventive and innovative people, and their success is often dependent upon well honed skills in these areas.

Your project will be what it will be, no matter how much you try to box it in. I like your openness and the way you have shown us your prototypes well before the official offering of the items. The final outcome, as with everything, remains to be seen; but from everything we have seen from you, your mission is an ongoing and well thought out one that merits substantial success.

Without a doubt, a lot of us here would love to own one of your guitars if they become available here in the US; untouched, just from following your quest here on these pages. I think, for me at least, following your progress on these guitars, and seeing you incrementally show us your progression thru pictures and discussions, has added beauty to your prototypes that would not be perceptible when looking at some other picture of a newly released guitar from a company that we know nothing about or had no insight into the initial thoughts and tentativeness all the way thru to the growing anticipation and first hand feeling of the growing excitement and positiveness as the official introduction date approaches, along with the feeling that you cared about our ideas in the development of the ancillary products and classy promotional materials.

We, or at least I, feel like I've been part of your unfolding project - and that is a cool feeling I've never felt as a distantly removed, casual participant. Thanks for letting me, and even us, feel like I've been at least a small part of what you have been trying to do.
    You have never seemed egotistical and we have never felt jealous as we followed your quest, and if you communicate as well in your product promotion as you have with us, you definitely have a major arm up in pulling this endeavor up from uncertainty to the level of a solid success.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shirt design...of the three print designs I can recall at the moment, I personally rank them thus:

1) the rising sun on white design
    2) Guinness inspired
    3) Kanji

As with everything Hell Guilar related at this point, it's a matter of degrees, it's aaaaalllll good.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Duffy, for the input on the shirts and the kind words. I know you have designed quite a few shirts yourself so I appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post

We, or at least I, feel like I've been part of your unfolding project - and that is a cool feeling I've never felt as a distantly removed, casual participant. Thanks for letting me, and even us, feel like I've been at least a small part of what you have been trying to do.
    You have never seemed egotistical and we have never felt jealous as we followed your quest, and if you communicate as well in your product promotion as you have with us, you definitely have a major arm up in pulling this endeavor up from uncertainty to the level of a solid success.
    Thanks Duffy. Inspite of the fact that I have posted quite a bit of Hell stuff, I do try to moderate it a bit. I figure not everyone wants to be bothered with it so I don't post as often as I could

The fact that you haven't felt "distantly removed" is something I thank you for. I have felt that, in a way, this has been a collaborative effort. The fact that some Fretters have taken to this project and offered their encouragement, support and important feedback has really meant alot. If ever Hell Guitars enjoys some success, some of my good brothers here will have had something to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post
    I'll sell direct. Cafe Press costs 4 times more and doesn't do nice silk screens. They'll be available from the website and also (sometimes, maybe) given for free along with a guitar.
    Depending on my mood...
    yea, I wondered how much the cut for cafe press was
    and if is was worth it to avoid the start up capital and inventory costs.

I've gotten some 'order of the stick', ( dnd nerd web comic) stuff from them

Post Thanks / Like

OMG

OMG

OMG

just read the entire thread
    (phenomial job getting this done by the way)

and I discovered. this

http://www.hellguitars.com/HP_TEST5B_11-1-10.jpg

the #6

must have,

'You, ARE number 6'

points to the first person to get the reference.

(I am not a number, I am a hell guitar fan)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Rider View Post
    'You, ARE number 6'
    points to the first person to get the reference.

(I am not a number, I am a hell guitar fan)
    The Prisoner, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^^^
    we have a winner, that was fast.

Also a great series if anyone hasn't seen it.

Post Thanks / Like

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own".

Watching that series as a child left a considerable impression on me. So unlike anything on TV at the time. Patrick McGoohan was a talented fellow. He followed up one of the hottest series in TV at the time (Danger Man) with something decidedly not in the mainstream. Definitely an inspiration for me and a part of the Hell Guitars mindset.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^
    wow, someone who knows that McGoohan was in a hot series before the prisoner?

I am impressed !

In the Bay Area in the 70's there was a guy on public television who introduced the shows, and even changed the order of the shows.
    His commentary on the meanings hidden in each show was almost as long as the show.

Post Thanks / Like

As you all know, our man Robert has done some terrific demos/review of his Hell No.2. I asked if he could do the same for the ZeroDot and Bender and he kindly agreed. Robert has been very enthusiastic and encouraging for which I feel very fortunate indeed. He's such a well-rounded, tasteful player too. I couldn't be happier.

He just received the two guitars and hopefully he'll like these too and we'll have some more Robert/Hell magic soon. Has anyone noticed that the guitar plays so effortlessly that Robert didn't need to bulge even one vein? Speaks volumes if you ask me...

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Syo, I am more than excited. These guitars feel fantastic! Then I plug in to my amps, to find out they also sound wicked good. Sweet! Oh, I nearly popped a vein from the excitement...

They are very different from each other. The Zero Dot is like a Strat on steroids - that bridge humbucker really makes guitar a rocker when needed.

The Bender has that Gibson-ish sound, as well as feel. Lots of sustain and it makes me play in a different way. Very fat, and rich tone. Gorgeous neck on it too.

Demos will come, hang on!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received word that our tweed cases are shipping from the factory today. I was surprised to find that they added our logo to the cases! I would have opted for a little different placement however it was not expected that they would be adding logos as our quantity was too small for this order. We just wanted to be sure of quality issues before ordering too many.

Here's a shot of it:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice case! I love tweed. That looks great, Syo! Are they relatively universal, or does each guitar (or should I say guilar?) get it's own special type of case?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post
    I just received word that our tweed cases are shipping from the factory today. I was surprised to find that they added our logo to the cases! I would have opted for a little different placement however it was not expected that they would be adding logos as our quantity was too small for this order. We just wanted to be sure of quality issues before ordering too many.
    That was a nice surprise! The case looks really cool.

I

can't

wait

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Nice case! I love tweed. That looks great, Syo! Are they relatively universal, or does each guitar (or should I say guilar?) get it's own special type of case?
    Hey Sean.
    Unfortunately it's universal for now as molds are rather expensive for short runs. However once sales can justify it I intend to create custom cases as well. I some experience helping design cases (mostly violin/cello cases) for a Chinese company. I'm looking forward to designing for guitar as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Super classy. I like that look a whole lot. What colour are you going for on the inside?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Syo, I am more than excited. These guitars feel fantastic! Then I plug in to my amps, to find out they also sound wicked good. Sweet! Oh, I nearly popped a vein from the excitement...

They are very different from each other. The Zero Dot is like a Strat on steroids - that bridge humbucker really makes guitar a rocker when needed.

The Bender has that Gibson-ish sound, as well as feel. Lots of sustain and it makes me play in a different way. Very fat, and rich tone. Gorgeous neck on it too.

Demos will come, hang on!
    So what you're saying is, we should be saving for all three? I anticipate quite a few "NHGD" threads in the future.......

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Get all 3! 3 is a good number, all things come together once you have 3 of something. Ain't that right? I mean, just look at the 3 Musketeers, you couldn't have just 2 of them, now could you! (now I sound like David St Hubbins...).
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast