Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Hell Guitars

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mm, that logo licencing idea sounds real good.

One thing that sprang to mind is could the oval area be also included in the sticker with fake pole pieces pictured, the oval ready-cut but included, so you can pop it out if you do have pole pieces higher than the PU cover and use also that part if not? That way you could use the same stickers also with flat pups like actives to make them look like normal ones, and / or when someone has pups that have flush polepieces or lower than the cover, or maybe even some open-coils like those ugly Carvin ones, the sticker could still be popped on most any mics to transform the look completely. I'd only add very little to the manufacturing costs methinks but broaden the possible uses quite a lot. I bet there'd be plenty EMG etc. users who'd prefer a more classic look instead of the black plastic on their LP's for instance.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way you think Dee . Actually I also thought about having removable parts to the stickers but I`m a little concerned about the ease of application. These can only be applied once. If mis-applied they are easy to damage. Not because they tear as they are actually quite strong, however they are very easy to bend and mess up.

Making caps for actives is an interesting idea. Perhaps I`ll try a run and send you one to try out.

Sent from my IS11CA using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I can imagine the material, I've likely seen similar stuff. It's very thin but stiff, right? Makes for nasty sharp bends easily. Maybe the polepieces part could be entirely separate a sticker, perhaps even a wee bit bigger than the hole so it'd be easier to apply....I think the material is thin enough they could layer slightly without issues. You could sell them as optional additions to these existing ones, could even have different ones or rails and poles etc. And yeah I'd be keen to try a set on my SG :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just taking a moment to resurrect this thread because I've had my Black No.2 (aka, Bernice) for 3 weeks now and...

Admittedly, I don't fully appreciate the range of tones yet, but I've had zero difficulty transitioning my play. Great balance and feel. It has an amazing neck. It's just too easy to pick up, play and lose sleep. It's the most comfortable guitar I own. I expect my other electric will be hitting eBay sometime in August.

Anyways, back to my No.2: when I finish moving into my new home, I'll post a bunch of pics and a more comprehensive review. She is definitely worth bragging about. (And that price can't be beat!)
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics?

Post Thanks / Like

"It's the most comfortable guitar I own."

I say the same thing all the time about my Hell ZeroDot! Whatever that neck profile is, it's a winner! I recently "fixed up" my old 80's MiK Squier, and the neck on it is like a bat compared to Hell.

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably buy a Hell if they ever pull the finger out of the Devil's lair & make lefty version's, but I won't hold my breath waiting
    Yeh I know "shudup yah whinging lefty & be happy with the meager offerings available"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after being AWOL for quite a long time here at the Fret (posting anyway), I stumbled upon this long past post...

As promised (I think maybe even to you!) lefties are coming in November. I'm going to the factory in a little over a week to check production.
    Hopefully we will get some support from the lefty community out there. We're trying to please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HELL YEAH!

Side note: have you heard of the book Delivering Happiness. It's an amazing read for anyone with an entrepreneurial spirit.
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425