Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

T-40 w/hsc for $275
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-40 w/hsc for $275

Post Thanks / Like

Question T-40 w/hsc for $275

Wot say you?

I know they're heavy. You'll have to come up with something better than that. And don't even try to badmouth Peavey USA, as I already own a T-60, Fury I bass, and a Predator Strat, and bought my daughter a Foundation bass.

Enable away!

Post Thanks / Like

They are tanks. I've always thought they were ugly. There. That's the best I can do to stop you. Like it's going to work. You've already written the check, haven't you.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    They are tanks. I've always thought they were ugly. There. That's the best I can do to stop you. Like it's going to work. You've already written the check, haven't you.
    All cash, always.

Mrs. K can trace checks.

Listed on local craigslist for $300, tried $250, seller came down to $275.

I'm supposed to get profit sharing tomorrow, and since I had $250 set aside for an Epi LP Deluxe deal that fell through...

I know a lot of people think the T-series are ugly, but they never bothered me, other than ones with really bad grain-matching. Part of my acceptance of them (besides my bent towards workhorse, plain guitars) is historical accident; the guitarist in the first local punk band of some renown, Roach Motel, who subsequently went on to write for the national fanzine MAXIMUMROCK'N'ROLL and publish 2 books (all about the punk rock), George Tabb, used to play a white T-60 back in the day. He still plays T-60's in fact.

He had a bit part as an extra in Spike Lee's "Summer of Sam" movie as part of a band that one of the main characters joins.

Even though his main guitar was/is a white T-60

in the movie he had to play a Strat, because the T-60 didn't come out until '78, and the movie was set in '77:

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned my Peavey T-40 since 1979 my 1st real bass. Looks as if that one is very close to mine. On mine the wood was unfinished.

I am a big guy so I never considered it heavy plus it was no where near as heavy as some of the others Basses made at that time.

Sounds great $275.00 is not a bad price I have seen them going from $250.00 to $300.00 lately. Hell and if you do not like it you will not have a hard time selling it they seem to be more popular now than when they were 1st made.

Maxi....................... :

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Maxi. I did a little digging on the intranets, and the PAF headstock ones are from the first 2 years of production, 1978-79. It'd be even rarer if the serial number started with an "8M" (which is the first run), but even I ain't that lucky!

There's some gouges on the back of the neck I could live without, and I need to find one pickguard replacement screw, but she's in pretty good shape overall.

Also, I weighed the bass. As you may know, one big rap against them is their weight.

It's between 10 1/4 and 10 1/2 pounds. For a solidbody ash bass, that ain't bad at all.

A lotta sissies and folks with bad backs out there, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

That is less than some (most) real Gibson Les Paul's that clock in at 11 lbs. Go for it Krash.....Senorita Krashpadita can only kill you once :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Thanks Maxi. I did a little digging on the intranets, and the PAF headstock ones are from the first 2 years of production, 1978-79. It'd be even rarer if the serial number started with an "8M" (which is the first run), but even I ain't that lucky!

There's some gouges on the back of the neck I could live without, and I need to find one pickguard replacement screw, but she's in pretty good shape overall.

Also, I weighed the bass. As you may know, one big rap against them is their weight.

It's between 10 1/4 and 10 1/2 pounds. For a solidbody ash bass, that ain't bad at all.

A lotta sissies and folks with bad backs out there, I guess.

After reading your post about the SN# I looked at mine and could not find a sn# at all. Where is the SN# on the bass you might buy?

patents bending is all I see on my head stock and made in the usa on the back plate and bridge.

Maxi.............

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    After reading your post about the SN# I looked at mine and could not find a sn# at all. Where is the SN# on the bass you might buy?

patents bending is all I see on my head stock and made in the usa on the back plate and bridge.

Maxi.............
    Serial #s on T-series and other early Peaveys (at least on the T-40 bass and my T-60 guitar and my Fury I bass) is imprinted on the back of the headstock, Gibson style (no ink or print, just indented numerals). It can be hard to see unless you hold the headstock at an angle in a well-lit place.

Oh, I did go ahead and buy it, btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    That is less than some (most) real Gibson Les Paul's that clock in at 11 lbs. Go for it Krash.....Senorita Krashpadita can only kill you once :-)
    Well, it was paid for in cash, and at this point I doubt she'd recognize it as any different from any of the others. Once you get a big enough batch, they tend to all run together in the mind of a non-player. Just to be safe I tend to keep them cased around the house anyhow-- the T-40 case sat in our family room over the weekend without attracting any attention at all.

Off course, the kids could rat me out, but they never do.

:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was paid for in cash, and at this point I doubt she'd recognize it as any different from any of the others. Once you get a big enough batch, they tend to all run together in the mind of a non-player. Just to be safe I tend to keep them cased around the house anyhow-- the T-40 case sat in our family room over the weekend without attracting any attention at all.

Off course, the kids could rat me out, but they never do.

:
    That is funny my pink paisley strat stays in the gig bag until she goes upstairs. LOL And yeah my daughter could rat me out as well.

Maxi....................

Post Thanks / Like

Serial #s on T-series and other early Peaveys (at least on the T-40 bass and my T-60 guitar and my Fury I bass) is imprinted on the back of the headstock, Gibson style (no ink or print, just indented numerals). It can be hard to see unless you hold the headstock at an angle in a well-lit place.

Oh, I did go ahead and buy it, btw.

cool welcome to the T-40 Klan I will look for my SN# tonight now that I know where to look, thanks.

Maxi.............

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to taking a decent pic and uploading it:

Patents Applied For!

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh. Makes me nostalgic for the '80s. You could buy those Peavey guitars/basses for $100-$150, less if you patient.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    They are tanks. I've always thought they were ugly.
    Oh ha ha. You're SO funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Oh ha ha. You're SO funny.
    Now, now, Rev was just playin. I specifically asked people for opinions.

No worries.

Post Thanks / Like

Now, now, Rev was just playin. I specifically asked people for opinions.
    Oh I know, and am always one for puns. I think that, had I not googled for T-40 and happened upon Wikipedia, I never would have understood his joke anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIFUNK
    cool welcome to the T-40 Klan I will look for my SN# tonight now that I know where to look, thanks.

Maxi.............

So, after talking to Peavey my T-40 was made in 1979.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet bass!

I used to have a Foundation, but have never played a T-40.

What does she sound like?

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast