Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Beer you say?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer you say?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beer you say?

Just wondering what types of beer people prefer. The Sam Adams Oktoberfest has just become in season again and I am enjoying one as we speak. What else you guys (and gals) getting in to?

Post Thanks / Like

Heh, heh, a topic made just for me (and Marnold).

Love Sam Adams, and of course, I have to mention my favorite, SHINER.:

http://www.shiner.com/

But lately I've been drinking a lot of St. Arnolds Elissa IPA. Texas' oldest micro brewery.

http://www.saintarnold.com/
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Paulaner, Paulaner Oktoberfest, Paulaner Salvator, Spaten, Spaten Oktoberfest, Ayinger 100 Jahr, Ayinger Dunkle, HofbrÀuhaus (HB), Weihenstephan, and probably others I'm forgetting as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Cold is my first choice. My second is a room temp Guinness. I generally like a thick chewy beer since I don't drink much. I like quality over quantity.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I generally like a thick chewy beer since I don't drink much. I like quality over quantity.
    Ditto. On the rare occasion I drink a beer (VERY rare), I'll take a Guiness or something else dark and thick.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak3D
    Ditto. On the rare occasion I drink a beer (VERY rare), I'll take a Guiness or something else dark and thick.

(disclaimer: I am not encouraging drinking )

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I like ale. I am weak for Guiness. Sam Adams is pretty good. My new favorite is Tank House Ale, from Toronto.

Ya'll should try this one http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/st-ambr...out/839/92057/
    St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Wicked!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beer is generally my drink of choice if I am drinking, other than red wine on occasion. I go for quality over quantity as well. My favorites come from the IPA variety, American, West Coast particularly. Stone Ruination IPA, Deschutes Organic Green Lakes, Long Hammer IPA from Red Hook, and Sierra Nevada Pale are some favorites. Guiness or a really good Oatmeal stout is my other favorite style. And I also like Arrogant Bastard from Stone Brewing as well, for a malty choice. I love Christmas brews, with often Deschutes JubleAle being a favorite commercial offering I can get. But I like my own homebrewed Christmas brew the best of the Christmas brews. I have not made any in a while. A couple are plenty, high octane.

My favorite, really cold, lawn mower beer from a can is PBR.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; September 18th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, SVL, I don't think I have ever known someone to admit they like PBR. Very cool!
    I'm an MGD man myself, it's been my favorite for years. I like Sam Adams, Killians, Newcastle, and although I don't find it here much, Abita Amber. I like trying something new whenever I go somewhere away from home.

Post Thanks / Like

I love ale, especially Bishops Finger.. But I also love a smooth ice cold Carlsberg or Tuborg. MMMmmm beeerrr
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't really care, as long as its wet and has alcohol it's OK. Doesn't have to be even really cold or anything. Except for wheat beers and many ales; those taste too yeasty when lukewarm.

I prefer *tasty* lagers, like Karhu, and stuff like Velkopopovicky. Kozel dark etc. when I want a great taste. Carlsberg, Beck's, etc. are great on the tap, bottled just as good as any other beer. I generally dislike too much hops bitterness and prefer a rye-kind of sturdy taste more.

But..any basic lager, most ales, it's just great by me...I haven't really drank much american beers but all I've tried are just fine by me, Miller, Coors, Budweiser, all good, quite tasteless and light beers which go down just great. I always drank Milwaukee's Best when in the U.S. because it was the cheapest, and actually had some more taste to it too. With Milwaukee's I also learned the 'shotgun' trick to down a few beers in just a few minutes :-)

But all in all I don't care much. Of late I've been buying these half-litre cans of this 'light' beer that has like 50% less calories...tastes watery but I don't care. I drink a few of those every day and think it's best to watch the calories a little and they still give the same buzz.

Yesterday I however drank a couple normal 'Koff' beers and a whisky chaser (Ballantines) before bed. Which reminds me, gotta go to the store to get some beer, the fridge is empty!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some great beers listed here. I am also a fan of a guiness extra stout at a little bellow room temp. It gets too bitter when its cold. Killians Irish Red is tasty as well. I'm usually not too big of a fan of IPA's b/c the ibu is typically pretty high. If i want something that goes down pretty easy but still has flavor I'll go for beck's or red stripe, and I haven't tried an Oktoberfest style beer that I haven't liked. The Spaten Oktoberfest is pretty darn good along with the Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vroomery
    The Spaten Oktoberfest is pretty darn good along with the Sam Adams Oktoberfest.
    What a coinky-dink! I had the Sam Adams Oktoberfest last week and bought a 12-pack of the Spaten two days ago. It's the time of year!

Other personal favorites: Stella Artois, Newcastle, Smithwick's, Pilsner Urquell, Blue Moon, any well-made Hefeweizen during hot weather, several of the other Sam Adams brews. And one called De Koninck that I had in Antwerp while traveling on business that I'd love to find here in the States....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

You beer snobs. Guinness, Newcastle, Bass, Leffe, Sol, this German beer I can't remember (help me out beer snobs) and the usual cheap BBQ beer. I love alcohol so yeah I like to drink me some beers.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yes--Leffe! Another great Belgian brew I forgot to mention! :

And St. Pauli Girl! Can't forget that one....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    Wow, SVL, I don't think I have ever known someone to admit they like PBR. Very cool!
    I'm an MGD man myself, it's been my favorite for years.
    I normally would much rather have one of the others I listed, but for "lawnmower beer", Peeber does just fine. It has to be iceee cold though. MGD used to be my favorite American cheap beer. Henry Weinhards I used to like. But PBR is cheaper, and just fine. I do not really like Bud at all. Has rice in it. As a homebrewer, I cannot abide that, and it tastes funny to me. I don't get the Rolling Rock thing either. Rice and Corn in that one. Corn sugar is sometimes used in home brewing in very small quantities to pressurize bottles by "bumping" the yeast as the beer is bottled, but should not be used as a fermentation sugar. Bleh!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely drink anymore, but I prefer stouts and porters most of the year, with the exception being summer, when I prefer pales, ambers and brown ales. Some of my favorites are; Black Butte Porter and Obsidian Stout, both from Deschutes, and of course, Guinness. I also love Rasputin Imperial Stout, almost anything from Hale's brewery, and Mirror Pond Pale. Lately I drink more wine than beer, although it's Port, so it's not your everyday run of the mill red wine. I will not drink Merlot with those people!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

generally like a thick chewy steak since I don't drink much. I like quality over quantity. Modified to make my hunger go away. Beer isn't one of my favorite drinks, however I do like Strum's beer girls if that counts for great taste.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't drank for over 5 yrs,but I used to like my beer after work,it was always Mirror Pond Ale,that stuff was great and it had to be cold to get the proper taste.Then the changed the way it was made they took away the krausening so no sedments in the bottle and it took away the flavor so I then switched to Becks,and now watch out cause I'm a juice head I make all kinds of my own juice.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast