Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I got my guitar back after 10 years
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got my guitar back after 10 years

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got my guitar back after 10 years

I played guitars back in the 60s and 70s then dropped it. In 97 I decided to play guitar again and picked up this Epi telecaster (T310) and a 15 watt crate amp. I sold the whole rig to my friend in 99 when I picked up an LP copy and a Kustom amp.

Today my friend asked me if I want the tele back for $100 and I said hell yea.

I like this guitar and it's gonna be my project. The pic in my avatar was taken in 97-98 with this guitar.

_____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Nice guitar, kiteman! You got a nice deal winning your old friend back. It looks good in those pics.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. My friend made me swear if I sell it he got first shot at it. It won't be for $100, not after I'm done with it.

New pots, rewire, and new pups are in store for this baby. It's got a good neck.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

That's a cool story and neat guitar. I'm glad that you got your old friend back. I'd love to have that opportunity myself.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

http://store.guitarfetish.com/catepisetmvi.html

These GFS pups sound like they can bring life to my tele. Anyone has 'em?
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Lil Puncher but haven't installed it yet. I also have the Vintage Alnico 62 Tele bridge pickup and it doesn't satisfy me at all. That's why I got the Puncher.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice guitar Kiteman, should be a great project , post results?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, lil punchers. I think I'm going to get that set of modern vintage. Gotta wait till next month before I can spend some money and get everything together which brings up this question.

Are the pots at GFS any good? Since they're twin blade humbuckers I need to go for the 500K pots, right?

EDIT: to street, if you mean sound clips, sure but it'll be with a cheap computer mic.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, that looks cool! I did not know Epiphone even made a tele copy.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Since you figure you're about a month away from being able to order pickups, why not take the time to experiment with what's in there. I've been surprised by what a little twist of a screwdriver can do to change to the sound and response. I bet those pups could sound great.
    I didn't know Epi had made a Tele type either, looks nice. Enjoy ~

Post Thanks / Like

They made strats too. I want humbuckers.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

The pots are not bad Alpha brand asian 500k..(from GFS).........but IMHO a few dollars more for CTS pots is worth it.Of course I love RSGuitarworks FTW: i bet you can get some Duncans twinblade or similiar SC sized buckers on the cheap

Personally I would drop a Texas Special in neck and maybe a twinblade or similiar Duncan for the bridge pup with a coil tap pot
    Last edited by mrmudcat; September 21st, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy for U Kiteman, I'm sure you feel very comfortable with this "new" axe
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

When I got my hand on the neck it was deja vu. Thick rounded neck, small frets and close action. Brought back memories how I liked this neck. For a cheap guitar the fretwork was great.

I bought it new for $199 back in 97 at my local shop. I wonder how much is that in today's money.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

10 years! Thats great you got it back, Im not big on my Tele's, but I like the colour and headstock shape on yours, looks sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

I played with the tele after I restrung it. The bridge pup sounds pretty good as it is but it just got a little bit of mud in it. The neck pup sucks big time so that's coming off for sure.

I'm going to look at the tele singles at GFS and see there's some that will sweeten the sound. I would like humbuckers but I guess I have enough of 'em (3 guitars).

Any of y'all get any tele singles at GFS?
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

Hey kiteman, great story! Nice guitar! Sorry I missed this thread somehow : It'll be interesting to see what ya do with it!
    Very cool!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Better late than better.

I figured I'd keep it on single coils. I think I'll get these:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/pronenotepip.html

Going for the P90 sound.
    _____

_____

Post Thanks / Like

Update: went back to ordering the Lil Puncher modern vintage set. I should get the stuff Thursday.
    _____

_____

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast