Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Acoustic Archtop

Thread: Acoustic Archtop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acoustic Archtop

Ok I think I should post on here then. Well here's the story I am looking for an acoustic archtop for busking. But I only have $600 which was why I was looking at the Dot Studio. But I have just recently found out that the Epiphone Dot Studio doesn't work well acoustically also I cannot use an amp. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could get?

Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask why an archtop, $600 is not a lot of money for that type of guitar? They're generally more expensive than decent flat tops even when you do find them. Cheap and loud is the ticket for busking ime.

If you're dead set on a jazz box, try the Peerless and Eastman ranges, they may have something in your budget. Epiphone do the Emperor guitars, I'm sure one model has a floating pickup that doesn't interfere with the acoustic tone.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for that that was really helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Gretsch makes a true acoustic archtop (G100 Synchromatic). Available for $499 if you don't mind black: SKU 517748 at Musician's Friend.

Post Thanks / Like

You might like to try the Epiphone ES-175 too.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Washburn Archtops or Oscar Schmidt(made by Washburn).
    Washburn J28SCE Cumberland
    Washburn D10S
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
    Friends Are Cherished Music Is Pleasure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockette
    Gretsch makes a true acoustic archtop (G100 Synchromatic). Available for $499 if you don't mind black: SKU 517748 at Musician's Friend.

Crikey this looks like a really decent guitar. Is it good have you tried it out?
    Also I live in New Zealand but I have converted how much money I have. This is a website that I can buy things off. http://www.musicworks.co.nz
    Or
    http://www.musicmania.co.nz/item_list.php?cat_id=30

They have a few archtops but I don't know whether they can be played acoustically. So if you have a look at that website and tell me any acoustic archtops that I could get, that would be much appreciated. Cheers

I found the Cort Yorktown is this very loud acoustically? That is within my price range

Just mention if the links doesn't work.
    Last edited by clumster; September 22nd, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Godin guitars makes a great archtop guitar.http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...LAID=179066258

A friend of mine has one and wish I had a couple of hundred dollars more in my pocket. I'd get one for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHowler
    Godin guitars makes a great archtop guitar.http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...LAID=179066258

A friend of mine has one and wish I had a couple of hundred dollars more in my pocket. I'd get one for sure.
    I have a Godin 5th Ave with a P90. I love that guitar.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHowler

This is the one. Stop looking elsewhere.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sir

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, clumster! I saw one of those black Gretsch archtops in Mojosound in Wellington today. This one had a floating pickup with controls in the pickguard. The bad news is that they wanted $1500 for it new. I'd try musicplanet.co.nz or Rockshop. They're more likely to stock them. ringing round branches is more useful with Music Planet stores as it's a franchise deal but then so is Musicworks.

Mark
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

O really? Thats great I have been busking quite a lot lately and have got a bit over 1000 NZ now which is good and I also emailed the rockshop and they said that they are currently shipping in some Godins at the moment, they still have to get back to me about the price though. Thanks for having a look anyways!