Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tone Settings - Presets AD series etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tone Settings - Presets AD series etc.

I was thinking maybe a section setup for presets for modelling amps might draw more attention to this site. After looking over who is here at the present I have noticed alot of people have migrated this way do to searching out the VOX Valvetronics AD series and finding Robert Renman and his video/audio clips on the AD50VT, many sites have preset sections for say the J-Station , V-Amp2 zoom boxes etc... to attain a base point for certain songs or sounds of others.. but few have for modelling amps such as the AD series..
    example of what I mean below although each sound is subjective to a person... its a basis to get started into such a sound/tone

AD50VT "SLASH SOUND"
    Song: november rain solo setting
    guitar: neck pickup tone 3
    amp: gain 2, bass 4-5, contour/mid 3, treble 8.
    Effects: "Fill in the blanks"
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; November 12th, 2005 at 02:50 PM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Justaguy,

I agree 100%. But then I am new and have been looking for information like this. Not knowing how amps work, I don't know how to tune in a tone.

I have no idea on how to adjust amps to go from a rock sound to a blues sound to a country sound, etc. This experience I do not have.

I read some of the information contributors have been inputting in the "VOX AD Series" thread. I believe before long I should understand all this amp lingo.

I also think that other amps (Fenders, Marshalls, Peaveys, etc) should be their own separate thread. This forum needs the meat to attract new people and new guitar players.

Tim

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea! Let's hear what more comments we get about this. I think it's a good idea.

How about adding subforums for Fender, Marshall, Peavey? Not sure if that is needed. Is it maybe better to have forums for Tube Amps, Solid State Amps and of course Modeling Amps - regardless of brand? That should cover all types of amps shouldn't it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think a "presets" forum would need a sticky note attached to beginning of each specific amp section with a worksheet attached to explain/show how to put it in there.. not just for a message like "Well I set mine to high gain and tweed and adjust from there and it sounds cool" but actual setup start to finish with song related as most artist do change their sounds between them even if slightly. I dunno if regular amps would work but I guess you can set them for pedals used etc.. with again some sort of structure.

Fender G-Dec, VOX AD series, Spyders, Behringer, Cyber-Deluxe.. quite a few modeling amps out there which do use some sort of user presets.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a digital camera. I also have those worksheets that Vox provided on their Valvetronix amps. I can scan a marked up sheet of that for anyone that wants to see the settings or I can take close up digital pics of my own amp with the settings. I can post these anytime I talk about amp settings...or even pedal settings etc.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you could always get fancy and take a picture of each control section and each control on the amp in each setting available and with some perl,cgi scripting produce pictures for each setting someone came up with much like watching the Jukebox demo at VOX but ofcourse just one picture.. possible, but a little work.. would make a neat database... just thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Hear that Rob? Get to work on that....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, anything is doable, but I'm already bogged down with extra programming work late at night... plus I need time to actually play some darn guitar once in a while. I've got some new gigs coming up and loads of new material to learn.
    What jukebox are you referring to? Link? Tell me more about how this idea of yours might work, Justa.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh My! Where is this going?

I was content with the written stuff back in the VOX AD Series thread. For example:

Blues Tone
    Black 2x10,
    Gain at noon,
    Volume maxed,
    Treble at 1:00,
    Middle maxed,
    Bass at 11:00,
    And master maxed
    With just a touch of reverb.

But I must admit that am having difficulty measuring what a touch (or tab) of an effect really means. Is it more or less than the already manufacturer's set optimal value?

Thanks

Tim
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Written is cool... I was just throwing that out there as a suggestion.. Robert.. it would just be scripting to arrange pictures.. say starting with first knob on left.. snap picture in each setting.. then next knob etc.. saving each in order say Effect-1 effect-2 etc.. have a form a user fills out for settings per button to assure answers (except song name ofcourse).. Song: Effect: Bass: MID: etc etc.. which is sent and parsed through the system and sets up each picture in a row making the full layout of controls.. the Jukebox at VOX is what I was referring to but they are just running a Flash set in order..nothing on the fly.. I have done similar before but have not messed with perl or anything in 10 years or so... anyone that actually does this for a living should be able to fly through it.. (cough) .. ... sidetracked..sorry...anyways.. Just written in a Forum per each model would work and attract attention.. was just thinking of something fancy to attact even more..
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; November 18th, 2005 at 01:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    What jukebox are you referring to? Link? Tell me more about how this idea of yours might work, Justa.
    I think this is the jukebox he is referring to:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/va...t_audition.htm

But why not using this simple picture?
    I think it would do the job!

Attachment 21

Christian
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

...umm yeah thats what I said. Btw...that flash stuff on the Vox site is really cool. Its what made me want to get my AD30VT.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw...that flash stuff on the Vox site is really cool. Its what made me want to get my AD30VT.
    What!? It wasn't me??

haha, just kidding
    Last edited by Robert; November 17th, 2005 at 03:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    ...umm yeah thats what I said. Btw...that flash stuff on the Vox site is really cool. Its what made me want to get my AD30VT.
    Oh, eh, oh, now I see. I begin to loose the overview.

Christian
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    What!? It wasn't me??

haha, just kidding

Let us not make things to complicated.

The same with subforums. As we do not have 23478 User here, I think we do not need a subforum for every amp, do we?

In my personal opinion, to many subforums do not help to track the threads.
    And you see: I know what I'm talking of

Christian
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    I think this is the jukebox he is referring to:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/va...t_audition.htm

But why not using this simple picture?
    I think it would do the job!

Attachment 21

Christian
    Well, exactly Chris... the only thing is the missing knobs..With the nice color pictures though and with some parsing of answers it would generate the settings with knobs as it should look in a picture through framing.... once again.. written would be great alone.. this was just a suggestion for flashy setup... I think you would still have to seperate the amps per models or its gonna confuse say a Rolands Cube guy trying to find November rain settings in between all the AD series settings.. and although there is not many people here YET.. does not mean there wont be in the future with enough to offer people. (Besides the Robert Renman clips.. )

Once again..just suggestions..umm thats what the forum said..lol
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; November 18th, 2005 at 01:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been visiting the "patchtronix forum". There is a person over there working on a ADxxVT template for patches to be loading into. It is mirrored after the VOX VTX/VTH amp series. The template is in the draft form.

The thread is located in the Patchtronix.com Related ONLY section. Here is the link to the template if you’re interested.
    http://dixieflatline.servebeer.com/A...chtemplate.php

It looks like the challenge is on. This should be interesting to watch as the two sites move forward.

As I said on that website, it is great that people are interested in the lower 15, 30, 50 watt amplifiers users like us.

Tim
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the site tip Tim..nice site... And you can also see why I mentioned placing each amp style in its own datatbase.. go through the patches there.. there are VTX ADVT and even ToneLab boxes all together.. so in the end you still do not know if your getting for your specific amp till you try it. That seems to be a downfall on most patch sites when multiples are added together...
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; November 18th, 2005 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN Brother!!!
    Guitars:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast