Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Got my new guitar, GAS sated!

Thread: Got my new guitar, GAS sated!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my new guitar, GAS sated!

Well, its been a while coming, promised I wouldnt get myself anything else til Id progressed a bit and was enjoying it a lot more (thanks to those of you on here for all the encouragement and advice). I have progressed and am enjoying it so much that while at work, I cant wait to play every day.

Got this, and man, has it surpassed my expectations. It plays so fast and smoothly, sounds great with a lot of sustain for a floating bridge axe. Pickups are incredibly clear on clean channel, and bridge hb sounds pretty full on distortion.

The finish is beautiful - when I saw the dealers bumf and the jackson website, the trans blue looks a lot lighter and brighter. This is better though, a really strong mid blue with tons of depth.

I must admit to feeling a bit guilty for two reasons - playing it with less ability than it deserves and playing it through my Line 6!

Im really happy with it, if you get a chance to play one of these.

Post Thanks / Like

Beauty guitar. What's next?

How's she sound?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking guitar, Shoot. One thing about having something you love to play; you DO play more often, and hence your talent improves. Rock on, brother! :
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

U.S.A. Jackson . . . sweeeeet!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet git STG I love the color! What radius is that?

M

Post Thanks / Like

That makes my eeriedess swirl with envy!!!:

Maybe ill have to dig her out tommorow for the boys to play with:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Nice looking guitar, Shoot. One thing about having something you love to play; you DO play more often, and hence your talent improves. Rock on, brother! :
    What he said so no need to feel guilty.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

Its a neck-through, compound radius; it goes from a 12" at the nut to a 16" at the body. Feels really natural to play, like its the way all guitars should be.

It sounds really good, Ill try to get some clips of it, but Ive had problems for ages trying to get my sound card (cheesy on-board Soundmax) to take a line-in without crashing LOL

mrmudcat, I was really tempted to get the eerie dess swirl, but wasnt sure if it was a spur of the moment choice, so took the chance on the trans blue instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, STG! An eye-catcher fer sure, and I've always loved neck-thru's! Not enough of 'em being made, in my opinion.
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheGlass
    Thanks guys

Its a neck-through, compound radius; it goes from a 12" at the nut to a 16" at the body. Feels really natural to play, like its the way all guitars should be.

It sounds really good, Ill try to get some clips of it, but Ive had problems for ages trying to get my sound card (cheesy on-board Soundmax) to take a line-in without crashing LOL

mrmudcat, I was really tempted to get the eerie dess swirl, but wasnt sure if it was a spur of the moment choice, so took the chance on the trans blue instead.

Hey brother shes a pretty thang with a nice top

She has no play time at all or maybe an hour in 2 years:

She can scream though and the neck is fine!!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel