Thread: Fret buzz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fret buzz

Anybody got any advice on truss rod adjustments? I'm making a tele & I had to rout out the neck pocket for the neck to fit. There is fret buzz along the neck & I have to loosen the truss rod all the way to stop the fret buzz. Should I take some more out of the neck pocket or shave some wood of the neck then adjust the truss rod to get a good action along the neck?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked the relief on the neck after you adjusted the truss rod? Might be too much?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, checked that. The problem is that the truss rod has been completely loosened & there is still some fret buzz & the action is really high after the 13th fret. What next?

Post Thanks / Like

aj, try shimming the pocket at the outer side rather than the heel to tip the neck back out. Trial purposes, maybe a matchbook cover or slice of paper or 2 at a time. I think the results should at least get you looking in right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics go a long way brother.............

One reason ive not suggested anything based on my limited knowledge
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help brothers. Will post some pics once I've tried this out