Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Gibson to introduce a Hendrix guitar
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gibson to introduce a Hendrix guitar

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Gibson to introduce a Hendrix guitar

What's your thoughts on this?

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...ntroduces-915/

An entirely new and unprecedented Jimi Hendrix guitar model designed by the Authentic Hendrix and Gibson. This astonishing about-to-be-unveiled guitar brand is destined to inspire a new generation of players as well as the legion of musicians already under the influence of Jimi’s magical sound and style.
    Not sure if it's just me, but anytime I think of Jimi playing guitar, I usually think of him using a guitar whose first letter starts with "F". :

(If we already have a thread about this topic, let me know and I'll delete this one)
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi's rolling over in his grave. A GIBSON?
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it is not out sourced first and yea J.H. and F come to mind more so ..............IMHO
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

I read the article and have mixed feelings.
    I always picture him playing the F guitar, but he could make the G's scream, cry, and roar too. I loved the pics I always saw with him wearing the V.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have very mixed feelings about it. The whole marketing effort using his "rights" just turns me off a bit. Gibson paid more to the folks with the "rights" to his work?

So he played some Gibsons some times. He still was not primarily a Gibson player, and his iconic images and sounds come straight from strat land. Interesting that the only photo of Jimi holding a gutiar in the "Gibson Lifestyle" article itself is a pic of him and the back of a strat with the back cover off, and the top horn with the strap peg clearly visible. LOL!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I hope its not a G overseas or outside a working mans reach if home based: Same goes for F.....not that im against something just stateside I am not a snob..............really I am not
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say boy's sales are down and I have alot of Chinese employees to take care of. Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Phooey!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

First we brought you The Beatles remastered and the matching video game. Now, ladeez and gennelmen, I give you (drum roll)

Jimi Hendrix - this weeks' rock 'n' roll cash cow.

Who's up next, I wonder?
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Strange.
    Maybe there will be a Duane Allman Strat. That should even things out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peachhead
    Strange.
    Maybe there will be a Duane Allman Strat. That should even things out.

Or tele with strat neck,56 sunburst strat,61 sunburst strat 57,58 59 paulas (goldie, sunburst, flametop ),62 sg paul/68 sg or a 60 junior.. 335 ........etc etc ................ I know I missed some:
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Gibson making a Strat copy in the name of Jimi? Is this 'kosher' with Fender?

BLOG: When is a 'Strat' not a Strat?

Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Touche........... brother.....this preserves jimi's legacy how
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with one of the commenters on WackyT's link. Fender should come out with an authentic Jimmy Page Les Paul.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

New for Christmas...The Eric Clapton Signature Vendetta by Dean Guitars!!
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

I think most people regretably know that the guitar brands they dearly love are large corporate money making machines these days and it's just another marketing strategy to make money.
    It just hurts and makes me scratch my head to think why Gibson would do such a thing that most guitarists would be opposed to. They just seem to be so out of touch at times.
    I think Jimi would find it very funny and not play one.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems as though everything carries Jimi's name these days; perhaps the rights to put his name on something is fairly affordable. I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in the Northwest, you find the Hendrix likeness on many, many things. Jimi Hendrix coffee? You bet.

It's sad to see this happening. I think we can all agree that Jimi would not have wanted it this way. Can we look forward to more icons being milked for all they're [not] worth?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    What's your thoughts on this?

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...ntroduces-915/

Not sure if it's just me, but anytime I think of Jimi playing guitar, I usually think of him using a guitar whose first letter starts with "F". :

(If we already have a thread about this topic, let me know and I'll delete this one)

I think it means Gibson was willing to pay more to Jimis estate than Fender was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    I agree with one of the commenters on WackyT's link. Fender should come out with an authentic Jimmy Page Les Paul.
    Didn't he use a Strat for the solo in stairway to heaven?

How about an official STH strat?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast