Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Inspired by Robert...

Thread: Inspired by Robert...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspired by Robert...

...who posted that cool Back in Black lesson. As I mentioned in his thread, I've just been learning that tune for the first time, and his lesson contained a couple of the subtleties that had escaped me.

Anyway, I found a backing track on the web a while back that had the whole song, (including the vocal), except for the guitar. So I laid down a guitar track over it, using my LP and the Drive channel of my Delta Blues. As good as Robert's '51 sounds in the lesson (and its articulate tone is perfect for that use), I just don't think you can beat the fat sound of a dual humbucker guitar for a classic hard rock tune like this one. I thought this turned out pretty decently for an amateur picker like me!

Attachment 493
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; August 29th, 2006 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the long beat lead in....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

vERY COOL BROTHER ...NEED A PIC OF YOU IN SCHOOLBOY SHORTS AND HAT THOUGH TO COMPLETE THE MENTAL PIC..... CHEERS DUHVOODOOMAN..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Man, DVM, I liked that. Anybody who can throw down some Back In Black is playin' guitar, my friend. Nice. I'm interested to know what your setup was on that.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, DVM! That tune is fun to play, ain't it!? Actually, I love playing AC/DC songs, there are so groovy.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, very nice! Really fat sound from that Delta Blues!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I like ac/dc too. It always makes the people go nuts.
    Guitars: Ibanez RGT42DX loaded with Dimarzio Air Norton (neck) and Dimarzio x2n (bridge)
    MIM strat /w maple neck. new pickups soon
    Amps: ENGL Screamer 50 1x12 Combo
    Effects: All I use now is a dunlop wah and a big muff.

Post Thanks / Like

Once I get this recording stuff figured out, I'll post our country version of Hell's Bells. It's a two-step. Who knew?

Figured since we thrashed Cash on Folsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire and Cocaine Blues, some payback was in order. Seemed like the least we could do.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Man, DVM, I liked that. Anybody who can throw down some Back In Black is playin' guitar, my friend. Nice.
    Well, it's certainly nice of you to say that! Us "ammies" can use all the encouragement we can get!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    I'm interested to know what your setup was on that.
    It should sound pretty familiar. Basically a tweak on your LP/Classic 30 "LaTone" settings. B-8, M-10, T-8, and the rest of the amp settings per your specs. Running both p'ups, with vols dimed and tone about midpoint on both.

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nelskie
    I'm interested to know what your setup was on that.
    It should sound pretty familiar. Basically a tweak on your LP/Classic 30 "LaTone" settings. B-8, M-10, T-8, and the rest of the amp settings per your specs. Running both p'ups, with vols dimed and tone about midpoint on both.
    Cool! Glad you found some use out of that setting. It's one that I use all the time with my Les Paul / Classic 30 - - and very versatile, too.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm...i click on the link and get an invalid file error
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Try it again, Warren. I just edited the post and replaced the original clip with one where I edited out the long 10-beat lead-in from the original backing track.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

worked that time...great job!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

very cool DVM !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys!

Robert, you're absolutely right--AC/DC is a gas to play. No holds barred, straight-ahead rock'n'roll!!

Trev, I'm waiting to hear that two-step version of Hell's Bells!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That was very good; clean playing and a nice, meaty tone.

Post Thanks / Like

wow missed this one... very nice job DVM... that Delta sounded sweet!
    I felt Malcom looking over at his brother thinking of replacing him... good work!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great DVM! Damn that peavey gets some badass TONE!! Clean, good playin... And man that TONE! I'm lovin it.
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7