Thread: Good night of jamming.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good night of jamming.

Not too long ago Birv2 posted his Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion pedal for sale and G.A.S. hit me hard so I treated myself to a birthday present....finally got around to playing with it today set it up with the also recently acquired VOX AD30VT and set about to see what we had here.....I bought the VOX back in July and this was the first extended period of actually playing it since I got it. I ran through all of the amp models to check the amp out but settled in on the 80's UK setting and plugged the Jekyll and Hyde in to see what flavors could be added....using my now 4 year old Greg Bennett Avion I found a tonal space that was just pure heaven for about an hour of just raw noodling. I have not had this much fun with a guitar in quite some time.....very nice to be able to roll the power setting back on the AD30VT to half power or even less to and still get some nice sounds out of it without risking hearing loss or ticking the Wife off during the NASCAR race that I usually watch with her

I still have to run through the other pedals...but I can see allot of fun to be had with just the Jekyll and Hyde and a Wah pedal.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear I almost bought that myself..... great deal from birv!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it's working out for you! I like to see my gear go to a good home.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's