Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hello from Greece
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Greece

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Greece

I'm happy to be in here, so it's appropriate to introduce myself.

I live in Greece and I currently work as a software engineer. I'm getting 38 in a few days and I'm playing since 13 y.o. I have worked professionally as a musician up to a few years ago and have played in a number of small bands (mainly classic/hard rock at the time).

At the present I'm just enjoying playing either alone or with friends as well as recording. I'm working on a CD release of my own, which I would have finished by Christmas (this year, hopefully ).

I don't see myself attached to a particular style, since I totally love any kind of instrumental guitar or guitar based music and try to steal as much as possible from whatever interesting I happen to listen to! A generic description would be "fusion" whatever that means...

I'm at a turning point as far as gear is concerned, but have gravitated towards some things I consider essential. By the end of the year I hope to have anything I really need! So, if anyone should be interested:

Guitars:
    • Kramer Pacer Deluxe (USA, 1986), upgraded with SD pickups
    • EBMM Axis Super Sport Hardtail
    • PRS SE Soapbar II (with Jason Lollar P-90s)
    • '62 Strat "Replica" (a.k.a. "The Blue Dream")
    • Yamaha LL6 Acoustic
    • Precision type bass, made from kit and decorated with custom art (by my daughter... )

Amps:
    • THD Univalve (with a LOT of spare tubes)
    • Mesa Boogie Thiele 1X12" cabinet, with ELV12M speaker
    • (eagerly awaiting a single ended class A practice amp and a Bassman '59 clone, both handmade from a good friend)

Pedals, etc:

Budda wah pedal, Radial Tonebone Classic, Proco RAT (from the 80s...), Boss HM-2, Boss DD-2, EHX Small Stone, EHX Small Clone, Boss chromatic tuner, THD Hotplate.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome abraxas! It seems we have a few things in common, you and I!
    • I develop websites and web applications, and I have taught software engineering at a university.
    • I am a couple years younger than you.
    • I am from Europe.

Glad you have you aboard!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Welcome abraxas! It seems we have a few things in common, you and I!
    • I develop websites and web applications, and I have taught software engineering at a university.
    • I am a couple years younger than you.
    • I am from Europe.

Glad you have you aboard!
    Furthermore, you are from Sweden, where a very good friend of mine lives (Malmo). I visited last year and will go again around Christmas this year.

We also both have a teenage daughter, mine just so, as she gets 12 this November!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, we're really starting to pull in the Greek fretters! Cool!

Welcome,Abraxas! Love the forum name you chose; one of my favorite Santana albums!

Would love to hear a clip of that PRS with the P-90's. I'll bet she screams!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard abraxas! I just joined recently myself, and feel like I've known these guys for months.. Great place to chat it up.

Speaking of similiarities Robert, I also am a web developer...
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Abraxas. Good luck with the CD.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

High Abraxas!!!

Glad to find you here (we have been talking on a Greek forum also... )

I am also Greek, web developer and strat lover

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Abraxas!

Any chance of hearing a preview of your CD?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words!

About the CD: Music of my own is not something I see as a profit, so most probably all the songs will me made available in mp3 format anyway.

@duhvoodooman
    The PRS sound awesome with the Lollars... a budget guitar with enormous character and charm.

@Leonidas
    Any relation with Greece yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no direct relation with greece! Although I would LOVE to visit the country some day.... I have a deep interest in Ancient Greek culture as well. Thats about it. Looks like you're my first contact from Greece!

Oh almost forgot.. My nick Leonidas; I took that from the Spartan king who led his army of 300 men against the Persian invasion of Xerxes. One of my favorite stories in history...
    Last edited by Leonidas; August 30th, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas
    My nick Leonidas; I took that from the Spartan king who led his army of 300 men against the Persian invasion of Xerxes. One of my favorite stories in history...
    Oh!! You are very well informed about the Greek history

Cheers from another Greek
    MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb II, Tech21 TM30
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:
    http://www.blackframe.gr

Personal Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

elavd, you must post an intro in the Fret players section too!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    elavd, you must post an intro in the Fret players section too!
    YES SIR!

MY GEAR:
    Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Tokai LS160s LP, Rockinger strat 2-tone sunburst, Rockinger tele C.A.R., NS Custom Relic Tele, Epiphone Jeff Baxter electroacoustic, Admira classical guitar
    Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb II, Tech21 TM30
    Main Effects Unit:
    VOX Tonelab SE

My Band:
    http://www.blackframe.gr

Personal Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/eliasavdikos

Post Thanks / Like

Oh almost forgot.. My nick Leonidas; I took that from the Spartan king who led his army of 300 men against the Persian invasion of Xerxes. One of my favorite stories in history...
    Which reminds me... a nick I use a lot on several forums, is "Dienekes"... I'm sure you know where that is from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Which reminds me... a nick I use a lot on several forums, is "Dienekes"... I'm sure you know where that is from?
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......
    Nope, sorry! It doesn't ring a bell.
    Leonidas' Gear List:

Post Thanks / Like

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......
    Nope, sorry! It doesn't ring a bell.
    Check on this page, for example (search for "dienekes"):
    http://www.legion-fourteen.com/greeks.htm

(Sorry for the O.T. )

Post Thanks / Like

Opah! (always wanted to say that). Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! My wife spent a summer touring Europe before we got married, and she talks very fondly of Greece. Says she wants to go back some day, but I'm not sure if she wants me along Just kidding...

Attended a Greek wedding once - that was interesting and a lot of fun! The groom was Greek, the bride, Irish. Neat, but not as neat as the wedding for other friends of ours - the groom was East Indian and the bride Dutch.

Anyway, welcome from the melting pot that is Canada Rock on brother!

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

"So much the better, then we shall fight in the shade."

Haha, I see. I knew that phrase, but I did not know who said it.
    Leonidas' Gear List:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast