Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

V-picks & The Smiths-Thanks!

Thread: V-picks & The Smiths-Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default V-picks & The Smiths-Thanks!

As some of you have spoken with Vinnie from v-Picks a few times and I know we have went through the different discussion of the effects from using the different picks, I just wanted to say Thanks to Vinnie for making it possible for me to have a pick with our festival name on it that I can give to each of the musicians playing this year during our 2 days of acts.
    He engraved Kentucky Apple Festival very nicely into these picks and I'm so thankful for his assistance in getting these to me just before our festival starts on Friday.
    Great job Vinnie! His selection has grown and one of my friends actually got one the new custom engraved pick guards for his LP and man it was nice. It is up on his web site now I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics? Er, pictures? Wha...erm, can we see what they look like?

Vinnie rocks. I'm loving my smallest V Pick.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, maybe tomorrow I can lay one out on some color and get a shot of how it looks, I also got a couple of different picks for myself and have been playing with'em this evening to see how much the tone is changing in each of them.
    It is amazing just how much better I can play my acoustic with his picks than some of the others I use. My electric guitars just play so smooth with most any v-pick but you can go from crushing metal to sweet blues just with changing pick and amp setting and maintain great tone in both.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Aus and since I'll never get those picks and there's no pics posted, can someone post pics of the picks so I can pick a new pick from the pics posted to pluck with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FusedGrooves
    I'm in Aus and since I'll never get those picks and there's no pics posted, can someone post pics of the picks so I can pick a new pick from the pics posted to pluck with?
    We can probably post pics of the picks you might want to pick from but don't be too picky if the pics of the picks don't post very well. ( I picked that up from you )

Post Thanks / Like

Just check
    www.v-picks.com
    you can find all of the pictures on there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to buy some more Screamers. The one corner that I usually use on mine is finally showing a bit of wear. The nice thing about the design is that there are two other corners just like that one! They've even got some red ones now that I would have a fighting chance of finding if I would drop one on the floor.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I can't live without my V-picks....
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see if this has uploaded. I think that all the musicians will be very pleased to leave our shows with one of these. Thanks again Vinnie and Mrs Smith too.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks sweet Street!
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, if that's gonna be a regular thing, we ought to get a group up to go there next year and play, just for the picks.....

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll step up and give some props to my old man. Dad (Street) works very hard to arrange all the bands for the festival for two days of FREE live music.

The shows go on all day Friday and Saturday each with a big show to close the evening with. Last year we had two great shows with Friday's being the bluegrass band (and Grammy nominated) Steeldrivers (not your typical bluegrass, I encourage everyone to check them out) and Saturday was 2 time Grammy winner Rebecca Lynn Howard.

This year, Friday's big show is a local band called the Teen Angel Band who plays some great 50's-60's era rock and Saturday is Justin Moore whose song "Small Town USA" (strangely appropriate for Paintsville) is currently #1 on the US Country charts.

So yeah, dad does a pretty good job getting things set up and running them morning to midnight two days in a row. I never feel like the people at home give him credit for his hard work and dedication so I try to.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

I know it was a lot of work, and it sounds like one heck of a good weekend. Seriously, sounds like a good thing to plan a weekend getaway around.

Cheers to you for all your effort and yeah, I think the picks were a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Peachhead (and my son too) it would be great to have the Fretters up for a set on the stage, Robert could even make a run in our beautiful woods as it is a great race. WE have people come from all over the US . We have a log book that usually gets signed by folks from at least 40 states and several foreign countries. Be glad to have any of show up. check us out ar
    www.kyapplefest.org

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music

Let me see if this has uploaded. I think that all the musicians will be very pleased to leave our shows with one of these. Thanks again Vinnie and Mrs Smith too.
    Hey, that helps from losing them. I drop mine or lay them on the table, I often have a hard time finding them. Looks good street and tip of the hat to Vinni.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered some medium pointy and Psycho. I love my small pointy a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I love my small pointy a lot.

Hmm, that sounds funny.

I like mine (V-picks I mean), but keep forgetting to use them. I think that is because I lose picks all the time, and am afraid to use these. I guess that is like never using the nice china, and then it sits and gets dusty for years. Might as well use it (and them)!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

These picks were the talk of all the musicians at the festival, again a big thanks to Vinnie.