Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Line 6 M9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line 6 M9

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line 6 M9

Cool new device from Line 6 based on the M13 but...smaller!

M9 stompbox modeler the info so far.

*please note: this info has not been officially confirmed and may be subject to change without notice*

The Line 6 M9 Stompbox Modeler has the stunning stompbox tones, old-school simplicity and necessary portability you need in an all-in-one stompbox solution. Spark your gear lust with over 85 immortal modern and vintage stompbox effects, a 28-second looper and a whole lot more! The comprehensive list of available M9 models features all the effects from best-selling Line 6 pedals. Access all the famous sounds from DL4 Delay Modeler, DM4 Distortion Modeler, FM4 Filter Modeler, MM4 Modulation Modeler, Verbzilla, Echo Pro, and more.

M9 Stompbox Modeler is set up like three FX units. Each FX Unit can have 2 stomps at the ready, and any 3 effects can play simultaneously. Use 1 effect at a time, arrange effects in tried-and-true combinations, or create your own original blends.

Use the Line 6 M9 Stompbox Modeler to create 6 different stompbox arrangements, or pedalboard "scenes" —1 for your metal band, 1 for your punk band, 1 for your Top 40 gig—you get the picture. No more tearing up Velcro just to switch out one or two pedals. Plus, the M9 Stompbox Modeler features MIDI in/out, for you to back up your scenes to your computer or control the unit with a MIDI controller.

Inspired by the simplicity of classic stompboxes, the Line 6 M9 Stompbox Modeler is incredibly easy to use. Tweak your tones on the fly using the dedicated knobs and easy-to-read LCD window. Just turn the knobs and you're done—no menus, no saving, no hassles—and your tweaks remain, even after you power down.

Complete with a full-featured 28-second looper, Line 6 M9 Stompbox Modeler allows for extended in-the-moment looping. It has all the necessary looper controls with dedicated footswitches to make looping easy: Record, Record/Overdub, Play/Stop, Play Once, Undo/Redo, Half Speed and Reverse (The looper can be used simultaneously with the three FX Units.).

The Line 6 M9 Stompbox Modeler features plenty of ins and outs. 1/4" mono/stereo inputs and outputs (with True Analog Bypass or DSP Bypass) let you put M9 Stompbox Modeler before, after or in between your other pedals. Connect expression pedals to the two 1/4" expression pedal jacks to morph smoothly between tones. MIDI in/out, which is perfect for backing up your "scenes", also makes M9 Stompbox Modeler compatible with many popular MIDI control systems.

M9 Stompbox Modeler is built tank-tough with all-metal construction. From the chassis to the footswitches, M9 withstands constant stomping. Together with its built-in chromatic tuner, the Line 6 M9 Stompbox Modeler's generations of sonic treasures and brain-dead simple design will prove indispensable—not to mention highly addictive.

Line 6 M9 Stompbox Modeler Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal Features:

75+ stompbox effects, 3 simultaneous with 6 at the ready
    28-second looper with dedicated footswitches
    Universal Tap Tempo syncs all time-based FX
    True analog bypass or DSP bypass
    Built-in chromatic tuner
    Plenty of ins and outs
    6 pedal board "scenes"
    Heavy-duty metal chassis and footswitches
    AC power adapter included

M9 stompbox modeler info so far - part 2

*Please note: This info has been unconfirmed and subject to change without notice*

Its seems that in the M9 Stompbox modeler lots of enhancements (when compared to the current M13 stompbox modeler) are being implemeneted. underneath we try to give you the lowdown on what's in* there..

There will be more effects in there as in the current V.104 software version of M13
    Particle Verb will be in there, a modulated reverb ala Octo verb.
    A clean octaver inspired by the EBS octaver is added
    Added are different EQ (4 or 5 different ones)
    Intelligent pitchshifting alike in Spider IV and Spider Valve MkII
    Pitchglide alike the Spider IV and Spider Valve MkII series
    Different wah's alike the POD X3 models
    6 scenes of 6 FX
    Dimensions 10.5" x 6.5".
    It can not do 4 cable method and has no FX loop. however M13 can do 4 cable methood and has an FX loop..
    Volume boost in the Chorus is fixed when using it with the mix at 50%.
    The M9 will be Monkey update-able with a USB to Midi cable
    Noise Gate included - Global per scene
    The looper is separate and can be running while you are using your M9 in its full capacity
    Improved Flangers and Phasers

Well, there are couple new versions of the flangers based the MXR Flanger and ADA Flanger. The Analog Flanger and Jet Flanger are left alone. Some guys love them as is. There are new versions added called the AC Flanger and the 80A Flanger. Phaser has been redone because it didn't quite do that VH thing. So added a "model" called Script Phaser. It has one parameter, SPEED, so it can't be put into a crazy place. Basically the LFO opens up a bit higher than the Phaser currently in M13.
    M13 is updatable as you all know, after the update for the M13, the M9 and M13 will be all the same, just different form factors for different jobs. M13 IS your pedalboard, and M9 goes ON your pedalboard
    Stay tuned for more..

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman

Nice affordable machine ...

http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINM9
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks very cool!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice move by Line6 to offer the M13 technology in a cheaper and more portable package!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Nice move by Line6 to offer the M13 technology in a cheaper and more portable package!
    It's actually not cheaper. The suggested retail in the States is $399 and the street price for the M13 is $399. That is a no brainer for me. I'd go with the M13.

So the M13 IS your pedal board and the M9 GOES ON your pedal board. That is how it's being marketed. Still, it takes up very little real estate for what it can do.

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually not cheaper. The suggested retail in the States is $399 and the street price for the M13 is $399. That is a no brainer for me. I'd go with the M13.

So the M13 IS your pedal board and the M9 GOES ON your pedal board. That is how it's being marketed. Still, it takes up very little real estate for what it can do.
    Ah, I assumed that the M13 still was priced higher.. :
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I assumed that the M13 still was priced higher.. :
    The actual suggested retail IS $100 more than the M9 but many retailers are selling the M13 for #399 now.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been gassing for one of these so I've held off getting the M13. I'd still prefer the M9 because its smaller, can fit in my gigbag.

Line6 page here:
    http://line6.com/m9/

Now that its out...I cant find a store that has them...
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why they decided to stick with the standard midi ports instead of USB (or both) ?

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why they decided to stick with the standard midi ports instead of USB (or both) ?
    Because of the midi functionality in the pedal (patch changes, tempo etc). The updates are all sysex which is digital not audio so there was no need for the usb.

Post Thanks / Like

Because of the midi functionality in the pedal (patch changes, tempo etc). The updates are all sysex which is digital not audio so there was no need for the usb.
    But since USB also can be used for standard midi wouldn´t it be a better choice since not all guitarists own a midi interface?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

So to update firmware on this (and it will need it) I've got to buy a USB (or f/w) to MIDI i/f. Why!!!???
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    So to update firmware on this (and it will need it) I've got to buy a USB (or f/w) to MIDI i/f. Why!!!???
    I know what you mean but it's worth the pain to have this little jewel. Think of it as an education and how much better you'll be after you spend the 2.5 hours it takes to figure out how to do a sysex dump and update.

Post Thanks / Like

waiting for amazon to list it so I can order this baby...I'll be using it with some of my other pedals like the DVM OD2 ... I'll have killer tones in no time ... lol
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Who is selling the M13 for 399? Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Pulled the trigger on the M9. EX-1 and Uno cable from Amazon.

Gas.Wins.Again.
    Last edited by Monkus; October 8th, 2009 at 09:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monkus
    Pulled the trigger on the M9. EX-1 and Uno cable from Amazon.

Gas.Wins.Again.
    Nope. This time YOU won. You are going to love it. Spend plenty of time tweaking and suspend any comparisons to other units and just work with it as is. You'll be more than satisfied. Try the Particle Verb. Way cool.

Post Thanks / Like

I know....

I've been over stilwel's videos and the new M9 ones... now the torture of waiting for the delivery truck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast