Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

squier guitar that looks like a classic vibe 50s precision bass?

Thread: squier guitar that looks like a classic vibe 50s precision bass?

Post Thanks / Like

Default squier guitar that looks like a classic vibe 50s precision bass?

squier guitar that looks like a classic vibe 50s precision bass? i dont know what it is. have never seen one, have you?
    its like a tele on a strat body ser #ic041022271
    cant find anything on it
    same pick gaurd and switch plate as the 50s precision bass
    except its a guitar not a bass
    lookin to see if someone knows what its called

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Squier 51. Check out Roberts story. http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitars/squier_51/
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I've got one although my son's using it now.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ahh! That looks great! It's very much like my Davette in certain respects.
    Rectifies many Strat annoyances for me. Like the awkward controls, and too-near-the-hand volume pot and the tremolo bridge and all singecoils and too many pickups. And it has a neck pickup slanted just like on my Davette too! And even a maple neck.

Mm, I'd certainly be interested in one of these if I ever came accross one...I've never seen one here though. Maybe it was never imported here, even.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Default squier 51, thats it. zman you are the man

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Squier 51. Check out Roberts story. http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitars/squier_51/
    thanks zman ive been trying to find out what this guitar is for a while and thought i would try this site out
    mine is a creamy white w/white pickguard and really cool looking
    nobody i know has ever seen one
    thanks for the info once again

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Ahh! That looks great! It's very much like my Davette in certain respects.
    Rectifies many Strat annoyances for me. Like the awkward controls, and too-near-the-hand volume pot and the tremolo bridge and all singecoils and too many pickups. And it has a neck pickup slanted just like on my Davette too! And even a maple neck.

Mm, I'd certainly be interested in one of these if I ever came accross one...I've never seen one here though. Maybe it was never imported here, even.
    About 3 years ago, you couldn't swing a dead cat in a music store in the States without hitting several '51's. They were quite cheap too. My local large mom-and-pop store had 3 in stock, but they all had noticeable fret sprout. Ouch.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been boning up on this under the radar classic and 'fret sprout' is the only negative to be heard, and it's quite common. Rather simple fix.

Post Thanks / Like

that thing looks awesome!
    Guitars: Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, Ibanez Talman TC420, Guitar built by yours truly
    Pedals: Digitech DF7, Digitech EX7, Ibanez WH10, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, EHX The Worm, Arion DDM-1, Digitech XBW
    Amp: Marshall MG100HDFX + MG412
    www.myspace.com/ragnarpk

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tdog. You are welcome. Those were a pretty big topic a year or so ago, maybe a bit longer. Squier discontinued them, and some of the larger online dealers were blowing them out at under 100 bucks. A lot of guys picked them up for projects and modding. It is really pretty amazing what you can get for 100 bucks in guitarland these days!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

One of these (without the mods)?

Converter and Maker of Solid Bodied Resonator Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

What would be a good bridge swap to support a Bigsby B5 (top mounted/ horseshoe) vibrato?

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of stuff about these guitars at

http://www.instituteofnoise.com/squi...um/default.asp

Like a lot of others, I missed out on these, and to be honest they didnt really "blow them out" as much over here in the UK

I have just got hold of a modded blonde one, which I am going to mod even more myself.

Its a great guitar, with a great neck. The stock bridge pickup is a peach as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln
    I've been boning up on this under the radar classic and 'fret sprout' is the only negative to be heard, and it's quite common. Rather simple fix.
    True dat. But I already had plenty of guitars, the price on these wasn't down to what the bigbox/online retailers dropped to, and it didn't really offer anything new in the way of pickups to what I already had. In general, if a guitar wants for modding or fixing (set-ups excluded of course) as offered, I don't buy. I might make exceptions for something long out of production or rarely seen locally, but not a 51.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sold to the lucky bidder!

Quick everybody, there one on Ebay as I write for only $968.65! Buy it now, 'cause it has Robert Cray's autograph!

Post Thanks / Like

Love these guitars.

Ive got two now

The blonde one now has a new GFS guard, and Ive put the wiring back to nearly what it used to have.

The sunburst is one I got for a steal for £41!. All Ive done is fitted a black guard to replace the one that was missing. Think Ill keep this one stock, though I may change the nut at some point

I'm a happy 51'er now. (Though if I find a black one at a good price to complete the set.....)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sollophonic
    The blonde one now has a new GFS guard, and Ive put the wiring back to nearly what it used to have.
    I've got a blonde like that too (or, more accurately, my son does). I wondered what that GFS tort pickguard would look like on it. Pretty sharp! The only thing I did to mine is replace the neck pickup with the stock Jackson from my old Charvel Model 7. The high E string would disappear if you bent a note.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

GFS are out of stock of the standard '51 guards in tortoiseshell, they only have the Custom ones which cover more of the guitar body. I just ordered a Custom one, it took a week to get to me in the UK, and I used the old guard to mark out and cut the Custom one to the old shape. Fretsaws, files and half an hour later I had a standard torty guard.

I need to get a black cover for the pickup on the white one though. Strat pickup covers only come in threes though, so I'll end up with a couple spare. Theyre cheap enough though.