Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Modeling Amps Should I Look At?

Lincoln, UK. Probably at the V-Power pump. Again!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well guys, I've been agonising over this for a while now and can't quite decide whether to go down the Vox VT30 route or somewhere slightly different - maybe Blackstar HT-5 combo and use my Pandora for effects until I can budget for some real pedals...

So Mr Retro - are you glad you got the Vox????
    Translucent red Ibanez Artcore AFS75T archtop semi : Rotosound Roto Blues (10-52)
    Black/white Yamaha Pacifica 112V : Rotosound Roto Yellows (10-46)
    NEW - VOX Valvetronix VT30 with VFS5 foot-switches
    Crate V5 - 5 Watt valve amp voiced by 10" Jensen speaker
    KORG Pandora Toneworks PX4D effects gizmo
    Sensei called Johnny
    Oriental red sunburst Yamaha APX700 electro-acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, when in doubt, buy two!

I likes the cut o' yer jib, matey!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lovin' the Vox and the Fender. They both sound great. I haven't messed with the settings on the Fender other than just dialing in the presets, but with the Vox, it's easier to play with the settings. I almost went with the VT15 because I don't need the power but I read that the bigger speaker is better and I figured if I ever did need more power, like to play at church or something, I'd have it if I got the VT30.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

The bigger Voxes can actually play quieter than the 15s because they have the power attenuator in the back panel. This means you can drive the valve "power stage" and still turn down to bedroom levels.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    The bigger Voxes can actually play quieter than the 15s because they have the power attenuator in the back panel. This means you can drive the valve "power stage" and still turn down to bedroom levels.

If the 15 doesn't have that then I am REALLY glad I got the 30.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

The Tech21 Trademark series is definitely worth a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    I like my $100 Peavey Vypyr 15, but will likely out grow it as soon as my finances allow (many here know that feeling!). The next higher Vypre 30 has so many more features, like the use of up to 5 effect at a time and a larger speaker (better bass response and headroom), but my next amp will likely be Fender Blues Junior NOS. I'll continue to build more effects pedals and won't be needing the onboard effects of the Vypyr.
    Well, thanks to this patch sharing website, I've breathed new life back into my Peavey Vypyr...
    Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings: http://geronigroove.free.fr/vypyr/?choice=select
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12