Thread: Just got an iPhone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got an iPhone

Wow, this thing is amazing!

It's a lot more than just a phone. I have been waiting a long time to get one, but it was worth the wait.

Can you believe it, this is my 2nd ever cell phone! The previous SonyEricsson I had was my first cell phone. It has worked great for a long time, but it was starting to have problems getting connections sometimes.

I should be set for a while now.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

you will love your iphone....search for guitar toolkit in the app store....it is really cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Robert, seems like almost everyone on my job got one now! Except me of course
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

They are cool.
    Apple is streets ahead on touch screen tech.

Saw on the news this week it can have radar detection capability too.
    Make Kindness a constant presence in your life

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will love it! It is really a handheld computer tool with a phone in it in my mind. Get guitartoolkit, with a tuner, metronome etc.. It works well, and then you always have a metronome and tuner in your pocket. There are free or near free metronomes out there too that I like, like iClick. I don't know about a free tuner. The googlemap feature with GPS type function in it works great, and I use the facebook app a lot too. It goes without saying that I use the PIM features, calendar etc. fully, and it integrates with my law office calendar, PIM automatically. I am sure you will enjoy it!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The Peterson strobe tuner for $10 is worth every penny.

I bought the adapter too for another $12 bucks for the electrics.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Robert, I just got a BBerry from work, I'm pretty amazed with it's capabilities as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I also am sure you'll love it. The only negative I've found with mine is the battery seems to drain quickly if I use my apps extensively. I guess that's to be expected, but if you can't use the apps much without draining you battery...then what good are they?
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger
    I also am sure you'll love it. The only negative I've found with mine is the battery seems to drain quickly if I use my apps extensively. I guess that's to be expected, but if you can't use the apps much without draining you battery...then what good are they?
    And what seems like the common problem with all Apple products is the battery life is about 30 months.

And most their batteries are so pricey, you feel compelled to just buy a new Apple product instead.
    That's another reason they only offer short term extended warranties.
    The battery just barely outlives the guarantee.
    Make Kindness a constant presence in your life

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the ocarina.

http://ocarina.smule.com/
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I love my iPhone. I realize that by owning it I'm only aidng Steve Jobs in his quest to conquer the world, but I still love it.
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this thing. I had to get the Ocarina - it was just a dollar and it's a fun little thing! I am now officially a "flutist", so I can add that to my resume, besides "guitar player".

Steve Jobs for president.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.