Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jet City - A Soldano for the rest of us? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jet City - A Soldano for the rest of us?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that the clips were beneficial for yah, and that you could hear the difference in the sound. I played an ESP LTD EC-400VF. I would say it's comparable to an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, but better(in my opinion). The guitar has a Seymour Duncan 59 Jazz in the neck and a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. I used a custom guitar cab I built, that has Eminence Private Jack and Governor speakers. The Private Jack is voiced like a Greenback, and the Governor is voiced like a Vintage 30, but both are made it America. I mic'd the Governor for the tracks. I took pictures of the control settings I used for the tracks, but the file size was too big for the forum and I didn't want to go through the trouble of resizing them.
    Guitar: ESP LTD EC-400VF
    Amp: Jet City JCA20H
    Cab: Custom built 2x12 with Eminence Governor & Private Jack Speakers, and convertible back.
    Effects: Electro Harmonix Power Boost, Original Crybaby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of British gentlemen review the amph (combo version) with a HSS Mexicaster. You get a good idea of the tones from the amph, but this is what happens when people forget to take their prescription medication . . . or take too much of it.

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    A couple of British gentlemen review the amph (combo version) with a HSS Mexicaster. You get a good idea of the tones from the amph, but this is what happens when people forget to take their prescription medication . . . or take too much of it.

That's Rob Chappers, a.k.a. The Monkey Lord. I actually enjoy most of his reviews, and find him far less annoying than The Tone King to listen to. Normally he's a bit less of a nutter when he does his reviews, though.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    That's Rob Chappers, a.k.a. The Monkey Lord. I actually enjoy most of his reviews, and find him far less annoying than The Tone King to listen to. Normally he's a bit less of a nutter when he does his reviews, though.
    Well, since I'm a fan of British weirdness, I found it to be entertaining. I would think that there are many people who would find it annoying.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ni!

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Well, since I'm a fan of British weirdness, I found it to be entertaining.
    Found you a coffee cup, Rev.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Found you a coffee cup, Rev.
    That is too awesome. Too bad it's in the UK. (update: I stand corrected.)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Jet City conversation, already in progress.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw an add recently for a local small store. They don't have Fender or Gibson but they have a lot of other guitars. They have the Jet City amps in stock. I asked online about a 20h and they said 425. Wow plus 13% tax. I have seen them out west in Vancouver B.C. for 369, but I have yet to see them in Ontario. I doubt they will be a big seller at those prices. I would get one through MF or one of the online US retailers. Pick it up in the US on a trip. 333 no tax, with the dollar exchange at 4 cents it is a no brainer.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567