Thread: Jet City - A Soldano for the rest of us?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    Thanks! I got it from the Guitar Center in Tukwila, WA. They only had the floor unit so I took it. GC claimed they only had it on the floor about a week and there are no dings. I'm actually glad I got the floor unit because I ended up paying no taxes when bringing back to Canada.

Also, according the the GC sales guy there were at least one floor unit at all the stores in the Seattle area.

Cheers,

don
    Noooooo!!

That's more than a bit too close-by for my pocketbook.

The description that it goes so well with a LP is almost too much to take.

....must resist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Noooooo!!

That's more than a bit too close-by for my pocketbook.

The description that it goes so well with a LP is almost too much to take.

....must resist.
    Well, that's just IMHO. See if you agree, then you'll know whether it's worth the drive to check one out (gas being expensive and all....).
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13873
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Well, that's just IMHO. See if you agree, then you'll know whether it's worth the drive to check one out (gas being expensive and all....).
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13873
    Oh, nice playing!

Similar riffy style to what I typically play when I'm left to my own devices and a similar tone too. Yeah, I think the LP and that amph are a winner combo.

The Kirkland GC is about 5 minutes from my house, so gasoline is no concern to go try one out. It's the GAS that I worry about!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Oh, nice playing!

Similar riffy style to what I typically play when I'm left to my own devices and a similar tone too. Yeah, I think the LP and that amph are a winner combo.

The Kirkland GC is about 5 minutes from my house, so gasoline is no concern to go try one out. It's the GAS that I worry about!
    Jason, I think you deserve to buy yourself a Christmas gift. I especially endorse this idea, because it benefits me. You can bring it with you when you come down to visit. Make sure and get a 2x12 cab to go with it. None of that wimpy 1x12 stuff for you, He-Man. Now that I think about it, it would probably be best if you got the 4x12 and stored it with me, so as to avoid any problems with it taking up too much room, and/or causing spousal friction. No worries, it will be well cared for, and quite safe. I never, ever turn my amphs above 11.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Jason, I think you deserve to buy yourself a Christmas gift. I especially endorse this idea, because it benefits me. You can bring it with you when you come down to visit. Make sure and get a 2x12 cab to go with it. None of that wimpy 1x12 stuff for you, He-Man. Now that I think about it, it would probably be best if you got the 4x12 and stored it with me, so as to avoid any problems with it taking up too much room, and/or causing spousal friction. No worries, it will be well cared for, and quite safe. I never, ever turn my amphs above 11.
    Umm yeah. How about an 8x10 Ampeg fridge in your attic?!

With my work hours reduced, it's pretty unlikely that I'll be getting any more gear for awhile. IF I ever did, it would have to be the combo.

I could go over there and give you a report on one if they have any..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to stoke any GAS fires.. but this amph is killer.
    You have to at least give it a try, you'll be amazed at its tone.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Back when I said I was ready to walk out of the store w/ it the first time I played it (and they couldn't sell it!) I wasn't kidding. I sure didn't need another amph. For the $$$ the sound you get is unreal.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I was duly amazed!!