Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jet City - A Soldano for the rest of us? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet City - A Soldano for the rest of us?

Post Thanks / Like

This is a fantastic amp. I spent a long while with the 20 watt Jet City "stack" and a road worn Tele the other day. It's a great amp for everything from blues to hard rock.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to try a combo!
    In the meantime, I continue looking for more news nuggets on Jet City.
    Good reading :
    http://www.musictrades.com/news4.html

DOUG, on your next trip to the Fret, could you elaborate on the Pico w/THD?

Post Thanks / Like

Greets, Radio - Sean Cass told me about your question and reminded me to get over here.
    Andy Marshall (owner of THD) and I have been friends for several years now, and have been wanting to do a project together. So when I told him about Jet City, he had the idea to contribute the PicoValve - it's 5 watts, with a 1/2 power switch, and full EQ. It also features Andy's cool "swappable power tubes" topology, which allows the player to use almost any octal power tube without changing the bias or any other settings. It will be playable at NAMM, and available on the street probably March.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jet City
    Greets, Radio - Sean Cass told me about your question and reminded me to get over here.
    Andy Marshall (owner of THD) and I have been friends for several years now, and have been wanting to do a project together. So when I told him about Jet City, he had the idea to contribute the PicoValve - it's 5 watts, with a 1/2 power switch, and full EQ. It also features Andy's cool "swappable power tubes" topology, which allows the player to use almost any octal power tube without changing the bias or any other settings. It will be playable at NAMM, and available on the street probably March.
    Wow, that sounds sweet. Thanks for getting back to us, Doug. It's good to see the JCA line really taking off. Are you able to keep up with the demand so far?

-Sean
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

A good amph deserves a good beer!

http://www.brasserie-st-sylvestre.com/index.php/en.html

(Picked it up on Saturday and it is awesome!)

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!
    Glad to see someone else got their hands on one. You've got the right axe paired up with it also, IMO. LP's are the perfect match for rockin' on that baby.
    Doesn't it have just the greatest cranked sound, not just for the price, but for any single channel amph? Gets loud for 20w, too.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    A good amph deserves a good beer!

http://www.brasserie-st-sylvestre.com/index.php/en.html

(Picked it up on Saturday and it is awesome!)
    Awesome, Don! Where did you end up finding one?
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Congratulations!
    Glad to see someone else got their hands on one. You've got the right axe paired up with it also, IMO. LP's are the perfect match for rockin' on that baby.
    Doesn't it have just the greatest cranked sound, not just for the price, but for any single channel amph? Gets loud for 20w, too.
    Thanks! It sounds very good. The cleans are nice and crisp; and when you hit the gain you can really feel it. What I'm most happy about is that it sounds good at low volumes so I won't bother my neighbours (well not as much as normal). :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Awesome, Don! Where did you end up finding one?
    Thanks! I got it from the Guitar Center in Tukwila, WA. They only had the floor unit so I took it. GC claimed they only had it on the floor about a week and there are no dings. I'm actually glad I got the floor unit because I ended up paying no taxes when bringing back to Canada.

Also, according the the GC sales guy there were at least one floor unit at all the stores in the Seattle area.

Cheers,

don

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I got it from the Guitar Center in Tukwila, WA. They only had the floor unit so I took it. GC claimed they only had it on the floor about a week and there are no dings. I'm actually glad I got the floor unit because I ended up paying no taxes when bringing back to Canada.

Also, according the the GC sales guy there were at least one floor unit at all the stores in the Seattle area.

Cheers,

don
    Noooooo!!

That's more than a bit too close-by for my pocketbook.

The description that it goes so well with a LP is almost too much to take.

....must resist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tukwila, that is about where I used to buy waterskis. Didn't know there was a GC in the neighborhood.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Tukwila, that is about where I used to buy waterskis. Didn't know there was a GC in the neighborhood.
    It's in that huge Westfield mall complex (diagonally across from Target).
    The way the rain is coming down up here I might have to go back and find that waterski store.
    Last edited by bcdon; December 22nd, 2009 at 12:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Noooooo!!

That's more than a bit too close-by for my pocketbook.

The description that it goes so well with a LP is almost too much to take.

....must resist.
    Well, that's just IMHO. See if you agree, then you'll know whether it's worth the drive to check one out (gas being expensive and all....).
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13873
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Well, that's just IMHO. See if you agree, then you'll know whether it's worth the drive to check one out (gas being expensive and all....).
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13873
    Oh, nice playing!

Similar riffy style to what I typically play when I'm left to my own devices and a similar tone too. Yeah, I think the LP and that amph are a winner combo.

The Kirkland GC is about 5 minutes from my house, so gasoline is no concern to go try one out. It's the GAS that I worry about!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Oh, nice playing!

Similar riffy style to what I typically play when I'm left to my own devices and a similar tone too. Yeah, I think the LP and that amph are a winner combo.

The Kirkland GC is about 5 minutes from my house, so gasoline is no concern to go try one out. It's the GAS that I worry about!
    Jason, I think you deserve to buy yourself a Christmas gift. I especially endorse this idea, because it benefits me. You can bring it with you when you come down to visit. Make sure and get a 2x12 cab to go with it. None of that wimpy 1x12 stuff for you, He-Man. Now that I think about it, it would probably be best if you got the 4x12 and stored it with me, so as to avoid any problems with it taking up too much room, and/or causing spousal friction. No worries, it will be well cared for, and quite safe. I never, ever turn my amphs above 11.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Jason, I think you deserve to buy yourself a Christmas gift. I especially endorse this idea, because it benefits me. You can bring it with you when you come down to visit. Make sure and get a 2x12 cab to go with it. None of that wimpy 1x12 stuff for you, He-Man. Now that I think about it, it would probably be best if you got the 4x12 and stored it with me, so as to avoid any problems with it taking up too much room, and/or causing spousal friction. No worries, it will be well cared for, and quite safe. I never, ever turn my amphs above 11.
    Umm yeah. How about an 8x10 Ampeg fridge in your attic?!

With my work hours reduced, it's pretty unlikely that I'll be getting any more gear for awhile. IF I ever did, it would have to be the combo.

I could go over there and give you a report on one if they have any..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to stoke any GAS fires.. but this amph is killer.
    You have to at least give it a try, you'll be amazed at its tone.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to stoke any GAS fires.. but this amph is killer.
    You have to at least give it a try, you'll be amazed at its tone.
    Agreed. Back when I said I was ready to walk out of the store w/ it the first time I played it (and they couldn't sell it!) I wasn't kidding. I sure didn't need another amph. For the $$$ the sound you get is unreal.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

I've given a few hints to my wife about what a great Christmas present this amp would be for a "certain someone", but if Santa doesn't come through, I'll be heading to my local GC in the very near future!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast