Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

prefered playing clothes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prefered playing clothes

pes_laul Guest

Default prefered playing clothes

The reason I bring this up is because in jazz band we have to wear tuxedos at our concerts. While tuxedos are bad @$$ Im not a big fan of playing with long sleeves so I have to get used to it.

Anyone else have any pet peeves when it comes to playing comfort?

Post Thanks / Like

This'll do for me

Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I have this weird thing where I have to be quasi casual at all times. Whether I'm on stage, at work, or out at a bar I'm pretty much always wearing Khakis and a polo shirt. It's gotten to the point where I walk in to band practice to see that everyone was taking bets as to what color polo shirt I would be wearing that day. Ahh the life of a yuppie.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like wearing a flannel shirt over a black or white T, and some worn out cords or jeans. Or if it is hotter, longer baggy shorts, a T and some crocs of course!

I don't like to wear anything too warm or that does not breathe. And no man made fibers unless it is really cold and I need some tech wear on.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

not pet peeves, just preferred clothing.

i have to wear a monkey suit and hose all day.

so when i get home, it's cotton on cotton.

either t and shorts, or t and sweats to play in. no scratches.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

pes_laul Guest

Ah busting out the nineties look now steve?

My favorite outfit is a usually a black t-shirt (usually with some band on it) and some ripped jeans (not pre ripped!) and if its cold out Ill wear a long sleeve under it

Post Thanks / Like

Um . . . clothes???? I plays guitar like I drives ma tractor!!
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Um . . . clothes???? I plays guitar like I drives ma tractor!!
    I was just waiting for that comment... I knew it was coming!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm on a stage I usually make sure that I'm dressed better than the clientèle. Gots to look speshul ya no.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    Ah busting out the nineties look now steve?
    Heh, heh. Got me on that did ya? Well, I did live in Seattle/Tacoma.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

If you think a tux is bad, try playing in choir robe. Sleeves and material flopping everywhere...

Otherwise, it's usually jeans and tshirt otherwise.
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    If you think a tux is bad, try playing in choir robe. Sleeves and material flopping everywhere...

Otherwise, it's usually jeans and tshirt otherwise.
    Our choir used to have the robes but we have tux's too like in jazz band. I perfered Tux (just because they look cool haha)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pes, I think I found a picture of your jazz band . . .

Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BAM! Now that's gonna' leave a scar.

It depends on my hair. Ya know, hair is everything. Clothing follows teh hair and makeup.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Jeans, t-shirt,no shoes most times

I was into that big hair during my high school days 80-84 no makeup or spandex
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Severe ouch!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I played publicly was at our junior/senior banquet (think: prom). We had practiced in t-shirts. I found that I was getting unwanted muting from my tux coat. Took a bit to get around it. I never understood how SRV or Jimi could play with those scarves or whatever they would wear.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

pes_laul Guest

you've just been waiting for your chance to bring that up again havent you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    you've just been waiting for your chance to bring that up again havent you?
    You know I have little brother! But don't worry, the Shiners will always be fans of the Pes!

Just don't start wearin' that "purity ring" or whateverthehell they call it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast