Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1989 P-100 Les Paul

Thread: 1989 P-100 Les Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1989 P-100 Les Paul

Does anyone else on here have one? I got mine new when I was in junior high and have played it at least a few times a week since. I know Gibson didn't make a bunch of these, any info appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the p-100 pups were stacked humbuckers as opposed to p-90's,they look similiar but have a different sound than traditional single coil p-90's.

How about some pics ????
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they are stacked. Sound close to the p90's but no hum.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh nice goldie ya got there............are ya selling it,most likely not????

I think these were made for just one year!!!

Does yours have standard on the trc and speed knobs???
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the 1989 '56 reissue with p90's had a blank trc and top hats. I just saw one of these near mint go on ebay for like $1800, I wouldn't take $10,000 for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a good deal I think price guides have them listed around $2500 or so

I would keep it fo sho brother!!!!
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by checkedgoldtop
    Yeah, they are stacked. Sound close to the p90's but no hum.
    That looks great. There are quite a few players here with various P-90 guitars, but not many (if any?) with P-100's. I used to have a P-100 LP Special (actual, very silly, model name was the nonsensical "Les Paul Junior Special"), but of course that's the flat-top with the funky-shaped screwed-in pickguard and no maple cap, rather than an arched maple cap like yours.

I never really bonded with the P-100's versus P-90's, and when a great deal on an LP Classic came round locally, I sold my LP Special to an ex-bandmate to raise cash for the Classic.

Post Thanks / Like

The P100's kind of ended up making me play the way I do now. They are great for Allman Brothers Greatful Dead jam band stuff. I get dead on early rolling stones tone with my super reverb and tubescreamer. I think you just have to play a little more aggressively than with the p90's. There has been a 1989 p90 goldtop on ebay for sale for about a year now that is only 12 digits off of my serial# but the guy wants $5000 buy it now because les paul signed it. Bummer...I would love to have it.