Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anvil hollow flying v

Thread: Anvil hollow flying v

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anvil hollow flying v

Well me and my friend were wondering around the walmart electronics department the other day to laugh at the first act guitars and the latest pop "rock" album covers (we are metalheads no offense pop rockers) and we saw the documentary for anvil.I have heard of them but i had never really seen them.What immediately caught my eye was the flying v the guitarist had.(its my favorite) but upon closer inspection i noticed what looked like thunderbolt shaped f holes! I gasped in shock, could it be? a hollow flying V? so many question raced through my head. was it custom?what brand was it? why haven't i seen it before,how much is it and were can i get one? But looking online I can't find anything about it.Does anyone know anything about this elusive instrument?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... you sure it wasn't this one??

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 99% positive that's a modded Gibson V. Not a semihollow, those bolts are painted on. And that looks like a licenced Floyd, where you don't need a body rout. Then again, I could be making all of this up.

BTW, love their music (most of it), but that's one ugly band right there.

Post Thanks / Like

They don't have sound holes, but Normandy makes a hollow V out of aluminum.

-Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't know...

Thanks man were getting closer I'm almost positive those are cut out look at the decibel magazine pic again.It might just be a modded gibson those holes are definetly cut out.

http://decibelmagazine.com/admin/***...illivelips.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help, but can say I have often wondered if Lips' black V with the bolt holes is a custom...still reasearching.

Post Thanks / Like

That musicfestivaljunkies pic has convinced me that those dudes should find some new stage clothes!

Post Thanks / Like

I know about that guitar and the builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollowV
    I know about that guitar and the builder
    Care to elaborate?

Post Thanks / Like

Custom made hollow V, maple 1/8" top and back on a mahogany frame and neck. Patterned after a 50's V. Solid block [maple] under Khaler, 70's Gibson humbucker [dipped] Ebony fingerboard, 335 inlays. Originally white, refinished prism pearl blue [black, reflects blue/purple in lights]..... builder is thinking of taking orders.... any interest out there?

Post Thanks / Like

.....oh also, recent neck damage, inlays changed to bigger LP Custom style. Originally they were dots before the 335 blocks too.