Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid, stupid, stupid MORONS.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stupid, stupid, stupid MORONS.....

.......yep, I said it.....about McNabb and Reid. I can't freakin' believe it. 2 minute drill and there is no sense of getting things done, too much confusion and then McNabb calls a timeout.....only trouble was that he didn't have ONE to call. So, a penalty. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

We managed to get a field goal out of the mess but even the announcers were dumbfounded at the sheer STUPIDITY, lack of preparation and cohesiveness with our 2 minute drill.

And all of this against the lowly Raiders. Can somebody please take these MORONS off our hands?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    and then McNabb calls a timeout.....only trouble was that he didn't have ONE to call. So, a penalty.
    and somewhere, chris webber issues a sigh of relief as he is no longer the most famous person to call a timeout he didn't have.

in other news, thomas jones is having the kind of day i expect from thomas jones every sunday
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Heh, heh . . . hey Pie. Haven a tough day???
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

This is about some kind of sporting contest, right?
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, this is what beer is all about. It makes you forget. Cheers.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb

yes brother american football
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

There was some brutal football being played today. R of G and I can commiserate with you, although I'm used to it by now.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

a lifetime of being a jets fan and i am still not used to it. that was pathetic. utterly pathetic. this week the defense showed up, and the running game showed up (thomas jones went for 210 and leon washington for 99). the problem was, our rookie qb threw the ball to the opposition 5 times including in overtime. hard to win like that.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    a lifetime of being a jets fan and i am still not used to it. that was pathetic. utterly pathetic. this week the defense showed up, and the running game showed up (thomas jones went for 210 and leon washington for 99). the problem was, our rookie qb threw the ball to the opposition 5 times including in overtime. hard to win like that.
    which is why it is wonderful that we had a bye week... else shiner and i would be commiserating with romo's performance...
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    the problem was, our rookie qb threw the ball to the opposition 5 times including in overtime. hard to win like that.
    Yeah, but the Jets problem are just normal growing pains associated with having a rookie.

Our Problems are once again dealing with ill-preparation of the veteran head coach and the brain-dead veteran QB. INEXECUSABLE that our 2 minute drill looks like the Keystone Kops with everyone running all around and crashing into each other. I sat there and watched all these other teams EXECUTE seamless 2 minute drills.....but not my IGGLES.

Shiner.....yeah, I knew you were getting a laugh at my expense. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    I believe it is some sort of pugilistic-nature physical excercise our American brethren regard quite highly

There is an American Football team actually in my home town too, but it's not very well known here. But I wouldn't know, I have only attended one football (soccer) match in my life and half a hockey match. Although I understand that they don't have half-times in hockey now.

Whenever there's a glimpse of some sports on our TV me&missus have a race to find the remote and quickly turn it somewhere else. Except if it's shooting, then I'm interested

I really really truly hope & wish neither of my sons will ever get interested in any kind of competitive or team sports whatsoever, it'd be horrible. I'll teach them to fish and do boxing and shoot and swim and cycle or drive rally cars and encourage to whatever single sports they wish but I'll bribe them and plead to them and anything as long as they stay away from hockey etc...such is my dislike for 'em
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! I'm stunned by your reply DEAA.

While I have best performed in "individual" sports......I spent countless hours in my youth (I'm 53) involved in "team" sports. Just kids choosing up sides for baseball, basketball, street hockey, soccer, etc. The lessons learned from those sports have been invaluable throughout my life.

'Nuff said!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

WOW!! I'm stunned by your reply DEAA.

While I have best performed in "individual" sports......I spent countless hours in my youth (I'm 53) involved in "team" sports. Just kids choosing up sides for baseball, basketball, street hockey, soccer, etc. The lessons learned from those sports have been invaluable throughout my life.

'Nuff said!!
    Sure team games are played plenty in school and on the backyards etc. just like I did too, when I was a kid...various dodgeball and hide/run games were always my favorites...but I meant getting into a club or team or something like that. That's what I don't want. They take immense chunks of your free time, both the kid and the parent too sometimes, and yield nothing good IMO. I myself spent a year in a swim team when I was in grade school and I'll never forget how it really was, after school every other day to training etc, then walk the long way home afterwards...

Other kids got home around two in the afternoon and they could play so many games and do so many things before their parents would come home while I was in the pool cursing why I'd taken up sports...never again.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

i figure i will leave it up to my kid to decide.

if she wants to play sports, team or otherwise, i will encourage and support her

if she doesn't, that's cool too

as long as she plays music, that is mandatory

Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody please take these MORONS off our hands?????

Trade you for Zorn and Campbell, and I'll throw in a dunce of a GM, too.
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; October 29th, 2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fixed quote format
    Learning to play on my first and only guitar:
    Art & Lutherie Cedar Sunrise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tynee
    Trade you for Zorn and Campbell, and I'll throw in a dunce of a GM, too.

Nope, no trades......just take them off our hands. They played well last nite......but then again they played the 'Skins. We have the Giants and CowGirls the next 2 weeks....that could be a lot of additional consternation for IGGLES fans.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear Matt Millen is free.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I hear Matt Millen is free.
    Free isn't good enough, you'd have to pay me to take him. Of course, talk to me in a couple months when the Skins have STILL only won two games, and I might be singing a different tune.
    Learning to play on my first and only guitar:
    Art & Lutherie Cedar Sunrise

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that ESPN has had Millen doing some Big 10 games, including Michigan. Let's just say that I am not pleased at hearing his voice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast