Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Unsung Hero - The Tech

Thread: Unsung Hero - The Tech

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unsung Hero - The Tech

Getting your guitar serviced while on the road or touring presents a major problem. The solution: Hire a traveling guitar tech.

Recently I had the pleasure to meet and visit with two that have been in the business for quite a while.

The first: Elwood

Elwood has worked for such notable acts as Aerosmith, ZZ Top and is currently employed by the Black Crowes which is where I met him. We talked as he was changing some stock P90 pickups out of a vintage Gibson Les Paul to Lollar P90's back stage before the Black Crowes concert. Although he has known and been friends of the band longer than anybody else on staff he has only recently started working for them and says he still gets stuck being "the new guy."

His main job is to keep the 50 or so vintage guitars in top shape that his boss Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes takes out on the road. The photo's are of Elwood and Rich Robinson's road guitars.
    Last edited by Spudman; December 21st, 2006 at 08:04 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.