Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Boss DS-1 for $30 at MF....

Thread: Boss DS-1 for $30 at MF....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boss DS-1 for $30 at MF....

Personally, I don't much care for the tone of this popular distortion box, but many players like 'em. And you can get mods kits for them that improve the stock tone substantially.

But anyway, Musician's Friend is currently selling the DS-1 for $29.99 and throwing in a $25 Boss PSA-120S AC adapter for free. Pretty good deal....

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...dal?sku=151258
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, pretty much hideous sounding without mods. $30 with a free adapter is a good deal. The Analogman mod is good but I have not heard any of the others.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Great deal on that Boss stomp box. I'd be all over that, but I just got my fourth DS-1 yesterday ($20 shipped from TGP). Two of them are going to be modded with Monte Allum mods (thanks for the tip on those, DVM).

Count me as one who likes the stock tone of the DS-1. In fact, here is my current rig:

plugged into these:

I got the one in the photo about a year and a half ago at GC for $20, it looked brand new and had its box. I couldn't find a mark on it despite being used. I think it sounds great. I had owned both DS-1 and the DS-2 Distortion Feedbacker back in the 80s and thought they sucked. They sounded terrible through the Fender SF amps I was using back then so I got rid of them. Imagine my surprise that the new one I got sounded great throught the VJ heads and Celestion speaks in the ported cabs. Go figure.

What is the free shipping threashold? I'm assuming that they are not going send the DS-1 and PS for free?

Cool deal, thanks for the head's up.