Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Some Blues...

Thread: Some Blues...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Some Blues...

"Lester's Got the Blues"
    Here's a new track featuring my newest member of the stable...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8253176

Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard VOS

2009 Frank Axtell All Rights Reserved.

Post Thanks / Like

Hot playin, very cool axe. Love that LP -- through a Marshall, yes?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Great playing and tone yet again, Frank! Beautiful LP!

I seems to me that your playing and phrasing are noticeably different on the LP than your Strat. Is that something you're consciously aware of, or is it brought on simply by the difference between the two guitars?
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    Hot playin, very cool axe. Love that LP -- through a Marshall, yes?
    thank you....1976 Marshall JMP 2204 no less....he he...a marraige made in heaven!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bigG
    Great playing and tone yet again, Frank! Beautiful LP!

I seems to me that your playing and phrasing are noticeably different on the LP than your Strat. Is that something you're consciously aware of, or is it brought on simply by the difference between the two guitars?
    thanks so much...no I was just trying a different approach....mixing it up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Great sounding Les Paul you've got there Frank!... very nice addition to the herd
    Cheers
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

freaking love it the lp is gorgeous marshall is sweet and playing has soul
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    freaking love it the lp is gorgeous marshall is sweet and playing has soul
    Thank you so much for your kind words...I'm still trying to learn to play this instrument...always been a challenge...the woodshedding never ends...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Great sounding Les Paul you've got there Frank!... very nice addition to the herd
    Cheers
    David
    Thank you so much...very appreciated...

Post Thanks / Like

Frank I have really enjoyed the last two songs.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Super tone and mix. Sounds really nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Cheers
    David
    Thanks....I'm having a blast playing it....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Frank I have really enjoyed the last two songs.Sumi
    Thanks for listening and commenting....

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice playing Frank, I too am a big fan of Gibby Marshall tone. Quick question. How do you like the neck on the 58? The one I tried had quite a thick neck. I have 3 LPS and they range from 50s to 60s slim taper. I like them all.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Frank, I just love your Blues playing!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Nice playing Frank, I too am a big fan of Gibby Marshall tone. Quick question. How do you like the neck on the 58? The one I tried had quite a thick neck. I have 3 LPS and they range from 50s to 60s slim taper. I like them all.
    I love it...tons of sustain....thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHowler
    Frank, I just love your Blues playing!
    thanks for the kind words...