Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Andy Aledort Video Lessons

Thread: Andy Aledort Video Lessons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Andy Aledort Video Lessons

This guy may be well known, but he was new to me. YouTube has a bunch of his videos showing how the blues/rock "masters" play some of their signature licks. Cool stuff!

These must be taken off an instructional video or DVD. You can probably find it with a quick Google search, if you're interested....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Andy Aledort has been on my "observing screen" for quite a long time. I think he did a brilliant job with the "Band Of Gypsies" thing that was just recently going on.

To be honest, the videos did not blow me away. This has nothing to do with his playing, but the way he presents the licks is "sloppy". Presenting licks of the greats means honouring the greats. Especially, the Red House thing made me a little angry ( with a smile of course... )

Greetz
    Jimi75

Post Thanks / Like

I came across an instructional DVD called "Guitar Signature Licks - B.B. King Greatest Hits" or somthing to that effect. GREAT instructional DVD. Granted it isn't for a true beginner, as he goes through some of the licks in BB King songs rather quickly. But thats the great thing about videos, just pause it.

I think he did a fantastic job with the BB King dvd, I learned more from that than any other video resource I've ever tried.

Thanks for the link DVM.
    Leonidas' Gear List:
    Electric Guitars - Agile AL-2800 (S.D. '59 B, Pearly Gates N), Squier Telecaster Custom (GFS FAT PAFs + Mods)
    Acoustic Guitars - Crafter ML-Rose, Epiphone PR-350CE
    Amps - VOX AD50VT, Epiphone Valve Jr. (Modded), Fender Blues Jr
    Pedals - Crybaby Classic w/ Fasel Inductor, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ, Ibanez AW7

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm anyone notice thats a 13 year old girl playing the guitar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WamX...elated&search= for some more of her....

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, really cool for a 13 year old girl to play with Vernon Reid & the rest of Living Color... And she could do it as well (on a Schecter of course... )
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

here's my youthful guitar hero, check out his videos on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boneScKCGuU

long live the ventures !! carp3nt3r.