Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

South Padre Island

Thread: South Padre Island

Post Thanks / Like

Default South Padre Island

CB and I were at South Padre last week attending the Advanced Family Law Seminar. Another couple went with us, and we managed to squeeze in a little time for drinking and sight seeing.

I took my new camera and managed to take over 200 pictures, which means that this could quickly deteriorate into one of those slide shows that us older guys had to endure when we were kids. I'll try not to let that happen, but I doubt I'll succeed.

First, a couple of shots from our balcony:

Next a pic of CB teaching her friend a few chords.

A couple of fun pics I took to try out the camera. The first is a prolonged exposure of the beach at night, the second a shot of the moon we took from the pool.

Next a pic of the condo we stayed in, and the beach. I'm not sure why I'm showing you the pic of the beach, I just like the way it turned out.

On Thursday we went went across the bridge and bummed around town for awhile. A few shots of a lighthouse we toured.

To be continued.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

A few fun shots I took at sunset on the island.

On Friday night we hit a cool restaurant called the "Amberjack" that had live music. They were awesome, but I'll let CB tell you that story. Here's a shot:

A shot of our room.

And finally, my favorite picture.

Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, shiner and CB! Nice pics! The beautiful ones are quite beautiful!

I need a "job" like that! Geesh, some people...and they call it work!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BG. We didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted on the beach because of the "red tide". Not sure what that is, I just know it made me cough and my eyes watered a lot . . . and I made a lot of jokes about it

But we had a great time. There's a lot of stuff that sucks about this job we do, but when we manage to get out of town and enjoy a little "down time" . . . it ain't bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm *bumping* this b/c I think it got overlooked in the shuffle, and it deserves to be seen. Some GREAT pix here!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pix and it certainly is beautiful and fun looking.
    LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    CB and I were at South Padre last week attending the Advanced Family Law Seminar. Another couple went with us, and we managed to squeeze in a little time for drinking and sight seeing. .

Uh.......don't you mean that you squeezed in a LITTLE time for the law seminar???

Nice pics, really nice pics. Welcome back to the ranch!

Post Thanks / Like

here are a couple more...

we would watch the hermit crabs off the wahoo bar balcony at night...

and then i just have to post this one for strummy...

the band in shiner's earlier photos was called the cool arrows. the two guitarists had a kona signature and a jasmine. the guy with the jasmine was the singer, so he only played about half the time, but the guy with the kona was really good. his guitar was reminiscent of trigger; rode hard, put up wet... crack in his upper bout that he kept his pick in when they went on break.

made for a very enjoyable last supper on the island.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a fun time in a beautiful place guys! Glad you shared it with us!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics.

Of course the pretty ketch at sunset got my attention.

Thanks for sharing.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Those pictures are great, and it looks as though you both had a great time. It 's nice that you get to do those things together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah, wonderful ol' South Padre Island. The last time I was there would have been Spring Break in 1984! I bet I wouldn't recognize the place other than the beautiful green water.

This is one of the best times of the year to be at the beach... No obnoxious crowds, and the weather is usually very nice. The red tide is a natural population explosion of toxic microscopic plankton that can be very irritating to the eyes, etc.

Looks like you two had a wonderful time. Isn't work really tough sometimes?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, y'all!

Tig... when i was growing up, we usu went to port a summers/spring break... but i know what you mean.

as far as karenia brevis... let's just say i've never played that game. i now equate it to being mildly maced at constant intervals.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice pics guys and glad you had fun! You sure can tell when a pic is shot with a good camera. Congrats on it Shiner!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!very nice,what a beautiful sunset.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Nice happy pics to cheer muddy up
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel