Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
TINY 1/2 watt tube head...this is crazy.

Thread: TINY 1/2 watt tube head...this is crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default TINY 1/2 watt tube head...this is crazy.

Actually sounds pretty dang good!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but how does it compare to a Firefly amp that you could build for around 100 bucks. Ted Webber has a power supply transformer for 12 bucks and an output transformer for 8 bucks you can buy the blank PCB for 20 bucks. With the Firefly amp being simple tube circuits. The Nano amp must have a 200 volt switching power supply in that little box so DIY repair is not going to be easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim p
    Not sure but how does it compare to a Firefly amp that you could build for around 100 bucks. Ted Webber has a power supply transformer for 12 bucks and an output transformer for 8 bucks you can buy the blank PCB for 20 bucks. With the Firefly amp being simple tube circuits. The Nano amp must have a 200 volt switching power supply in that little box so DIY repair is not going to be easy.
    Here is the link to the guy with the FireFly PCBs:

http://web.me.com/calhoun/Site/Firefly_PCB.html

I've ordered from John before and he ships fast.

A few Fretters have built FireFly amps:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=4114

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5702

Post Thanks / Like

through a 4x12 that sound has some serious muscle.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter

Actually sounds pretty dang good!
    They are very cool little amps. If they were only less expensive I'd get one in a heartbeat!

=-) PJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, real good!

I had this 2W amp before..it was real nice for some stuff:
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by P.J.
    They are very cool little amps. If they were only less expensive I'd get one in a heartbeat!

=-) PJ
    I agree. That's a bit on the pricey side when you still need a cab to get any tone out of it.

I remember the days when the bigger something was the more it cost.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Sounds great through the 4x12 cab!!

2) $500??? You gotta be kidding me.

3) Why would you put an internal speaker in this? Sounds like a bad transistor radio.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

They really sound good(not the internal speaker)those little tubes are tough,I'll bet you could smack 'em with a hammer and they wouldn't break.There is another small amph out there that uses a 12ax7 instead of these little aircraft tubes,but I haven't tried one and the cost is much lower.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13