Quote Originally Posted by M29
tremoloman, I will look into the Callaham block do you remember how much he charged for one block? Also please ask your father what I might be able to do with a broken 1/16th high speed drill bit. Maybe I can chase it with a cabide drill. Ya know I can't say what to expect changing to a steel block but I can just imagine how it would tighten up some of the sound and give more sustain. At least that is what I hope it will do. I am new to this stuff again after many years so I will have to try it out.

Thanks again for your kind words and help.
No problem! That's what we're here for!

Bill charged me the regular price for an American replacement block. I think it was $60 if I'm not mistaken. These things are super high quality and are well worth the price tag they command.

I emailed my father about the block you've been working on. I'll reply back with his response as soon as I hear back from him. I'm guessing he's got a plan that will let you keep the nice block you have built for your Squier.

This is pure specualtion on my part, but have you considered drilling out the broken bit using a smaller drill bit? If you can reduce the amount of mass inside the bit, it may become weak and collapse enough to make removal easier. I could eb completely wrong also, so don't take my idea as gospel.