Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A bit more ambitious than a pedal.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A bit more ambitious than a pedal....

Post Thanks / Like

Vood are you still with us? Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, sure am. Of course, I haven't even received the kit yet (it's 2 - 3 weeks, to allow time for the cabinet to be fabricated) and it's tough to electrocute yourself building 9V pedals....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I am doing an amph built also a tweed princeton,I got the plans from Tung.Something for the snowy days this winter.No SouthAmerica this year.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Depending on how my 18W build goes, the next project I'm tentatively thinking of undertaking (though not for a while!) would be some flavor of vintage Fender Tweed amp. Prolly a Princeton or a Deluxe....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wanted to do this, but dont have the skills or the money to be able to. I guess I'll stick to my cheap Harley Benton transistor amph until at least the cash situation changes!

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard from Trinity Amps. My head cabinet is being tolexed now, and they expect to ship the complete kit out on Monday.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it took 2 weeks to travel the 293 miles between Toronto & Albany, but look at what showed up today:

Sweet job on the cabinet! This is exactly how it came out of the box. The chassis, transformers and all parts were inside the cab when these shots were taken. Now that the kit is here, the real journey begins....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is gorgeous (is it cool for a dude to say to another dude?)
    I'm sure it'll sound as good as it looks. Can't wait to hear it!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! That looks awesome already!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioboy950
    I'm sure it'll sound as good as it looks.
    I'm almost certain that I'll be able to get screaming solos with this amph!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see any photo in here?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I don't see any photo in here?
    Odd. I'm looking at two of them, as posted. Anybody else having trouble viewing?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, look at that cabinet! I am drooling!

Yeah the photos shows up now, but they didn't a little while ago.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert it was it cold for the photos to show! I know I dont have to tell ya to take you time Vood,Have fun.Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Oh man, look at that cabinet! I am drooling!
    Yeah, he said he was sure I'd like the cabinet, and he wasn't kidding. Beautiful job on it. The 18W head cabs aren't cheap ($235), but if you have zero carpentry skills like I do, it's well worth it! That's certainly a very fair price for this quality of workmanship!

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    I know I dont have to tell ya to take you time Vood, Have fun.
    Yup, I'm in no hurry. I won't be starting the actual buiild process until my vacation starts on the 23rd. In the meantime, I'm going to assimilate the wealth of info in the provided build guide--all 67 pages of it!

P.S. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a proper soldering station for this project. Decided the cheapo unregulated 25W Weller iron I use for pedals really wasn't up to tackling this puppy. So I ordered one of those Hakko 936 stations that Tung recommends so highly, and the FedEx guy just delivered it this morning, before I left for work....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

DVM that s the ultimate project ,this cabinet looks awesome..

Lookin forward for some pics and clips..

My tech just purchased a use Ceriatone Marshall (74) 18 watts Combo clone ,this amph is pure tone..
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! That's one good-looking cabinet.

Trinity has custom wound transformers, AFAIK, so it will sound great too.

Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!

Damn good deal I want one.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

So how goes the project! Sumi

Line 6 M13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast