Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: line 6 customer service stinks(happy ending)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile line 6 customer service stinks(happy ending)

been waiting a week now for a response to a query-dozens of posts later than mine have been dealt with,some within minutes..i've made numerous phone calls,it's not possible to speak to a human being and i'm still waiting for the automated callback......if you're thinking of buying line 6 ,bear this in mind.
    Last edited by beejay_4@msn.com; November 13th, 2009 at 09:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beejay_4@msn.com
    been waiting a week now for a response to a query-dozens of posts later than mine have been dealt with,some within minutes..i've made numerous phone calls,it's not possible to speak to a human being and i'm still waiting for the automated callback......if you're thinking of buying line 6 ,bear this in mind.
    Yeah, their stuff is cool, but that's the type of company they tend to be from my experience too.

What's the problem? Anything we might be able to help with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the offer,but it's a registration glitch.it needs them to raise a support ticket.basically,i bought a toneport gx on e bay and it's registered to someone else-therefore i can't register it to me.

Post Thanks / Like

That kind of stuff is to be expected when you buy a used one,hang in there they will fix it,one of the reps is on this forum so the squeaky spoke will get greased.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

yeah,i did expect a glitch or two,but i didn't expect to be put on hold for a week(so far)while posts after me were dealt with much more speedily.

Post Thanks / Like

You are upset because you bought a used item and expect immediate service from a company that doesn't benefit financially from your purchase? You need to be a bit more patient rather than coming onto a forum and griping right away. If you needed your car fixed but you weren't going to pay me I'd put you at the end of my list too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

spudman;i'd like it registered so i can sign up to guitar port online,so they will benefit financially.line 6 are aware of this .

Post Thanks / Like

You are upset because you bought a used item and expect immediate service from a company that doesn't benefit financially from your purchase? You need to be a bit more patient rather than coming onto a forum and griping right away. If you needed your car fixed but you weren't going to pay me I'd put you at the end of my list too.
    I'm not saying that what you say is true, but if it was, that still says something about them as a company, does it not?

I have to credit a company like Sweetwater. They give you support whether they see the dollar signs or not. Same with Tech 21: I bought a used GT2, and when I had some questions about it, they jumped in immediately and helped me over email. Incredibly helpful.

If I'm just another trick for Line 6 to turn, that tells me something about the character of the company. They still sell useful products, and I'll probably keep buying them, but to BJ's point, it's worth knowing what to expect.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten nothing but great service from Line 6. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to go onto a forum saying that a company's service stinks when you haven't even purchased anything from them.

Plus, if you go to Line 6 FAQ I believe it tells you exactly how to do what it is the OP wants to do.

Post Thanks / Like

i've purchased 3 items from line 6 over the last few years.pocket pod,guitar port and this toneport gx.previous minor issues have managed to be resolved eventually,but for me the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.if you choose to disagree,that's your right,spudman.

Post Thanks / Like

All companies will have customer support issues at certain times. I've posted about less than satisfactory experiences I've had in the past. I seemed to be in the minority, but I still was unhappy, as I was the one waiting for a response. Bear in mind, these were brand new purchases, and I felt the response time could/should have been faster. However, they were eventually resolved. Patience and information were my friends, I discovered.
    Also, when I've joined any forum as a new member, I've found that introducing myself, describing any problem I'm having, and asking if someone can suggest something helpful works better than opening with a negative statement.
    YMMV.
    Last edited by oldguy; November 11th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

after much *****in' and complaining,support ticket eventually raised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beejay_4@msn.com
    after much *****in' and complaining,support ticket eventually raised.
    Congratulations! Enjoy your toneport.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

problem now resolved-cheers,line 6.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

So maybe the title of the thread should be changed?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I second the motion! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    So maybe the title of the thread should be changed?
    "Line 6 customer service has the potential to be slow"

Post Thanks / Like

"At one point I used to have thought that Line 6 customer service stunk."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

"Sometimes you get cheese with whine."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast